No announcement yet.

My Harley was repossessed by mistake!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The repo company's "Registered Agent" has denied the Court Citation twice now. Any lawyer types out there know my next move?

Foolish me for expecting that their agent, who is registered with the State of Texas would do his duty.

Comment

Might try talking to the DPS/TX Rangers, to ask if they could help or point you in the right direction. If they're licensed and bonded by the state they would have a copy of their insurance information.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
        Might try talking to the DPS/TX Rangers, to ask if they could help or point you in the right direction. If they're licensed and bonded by the state they would have a copy of their insurance information.
        Texas Dept. of Licensing & Registration website has them covered by Milwaukee Casualty Insurance Co.

Comment

Originally posted by Wampuscat View Post
          The targeted motorcycle's year, model, VIN, and license plate number were all different on the repo order from mine. The idiot driver put zero time and effort into verifying he had the correct motorcycle.
          I don't recall that information being posted 2 months ago when I made that comment. However, I'm still willing to bet you'll never see criminal charges against the repo truck

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I called the registered agent today and was given another address to send the court citation to. This is friggin crazy. You’d think they would have the correct address listed with the State of Texas since you have to contact the state to find out who the registered agent for a company is in the first place???

Comment

Wow, before the server could send the papers to the new address, the postal service sent it again. This time the people accepted the papers.

I gave them to the JP Court Friday. The court said they’d be sending word soon. Nothing about this is quick. Good thing I’m patient.

Comment

Got some information today. The repo company Countrywide Asset and Auto Recovery of Houston, shuttered its Texas doors in 2012. The company that took my bike is Auto recovery of Houston LLC, which was formed in 2008.

Here’s the shady part, they’re doing business as CAAR of Houston, and told Alvin PD they were Countrywide Asset and Auto Recovery when they said they had a repo order. That sounds like fraud to me, or at least lying about to an officer to obtain police approval for the repo.

I’m assuming that the owner worked for Countrywide since they both are from Missouri. More research/study to come.

With a little more web browsing I found the president/owner Christopher Maddox also has another company in Pearland, Orange Street Properties LLC. The more layers this onion reveals, the more determined I get. Took forever to get his home address since nobody has phone books anymore.

Comment

Good luck and dont give up. Can you not find a lawyer to help you? I would head over to orange street properties and find out who needs to pay for your bike!

Comment

I'm normally a pretty rational person, but when crap like this happens, and no one will accept responsibility, and even the police seem to be of very little help, it makes me mad enough to kick a puppy.

I sure hope you get this sorted out and get compensated not only for your bike, but for all your troubles and grief that this has caused.

Comment

Find that SOB and make him pay bigtime. Can you put a lean on his company?

Comment

Originally posted by Wampuscat View Post
                        Got some information today. The repo company Countrywide Asset and Auto Recovery of Houston, shuttered its Texas doors in 2012. The company that took my bike is Auto recovery of Houston LLC, which was formed in 2008.

Here’s the shady part, they’re doing business as CAAR of Houston, and told Alvin PD they were Countrywide Asset and Auto Recovery when they said they had a repo order. That sounds like fraud to me, or at least lying about to an officer to obtain police approval for the repo.

I’m assuming that the owner worked for Countrywide since they both are from Missouri. More research/study to come.

With a little more web browsing I found the president/owner Christopher Maddox also has another company in Pearland, Orange Street Properties LLC. The more layers this onion reveals, the more determined I get. Took forever to get his home address since nobody has phone books anymore.
                        Do the world a favor.......nail em!

Comment

facebook page

Seems like a winner.

BTW: Not related.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddox View Post
                            facebook page

Seems like a winner.

Lol, he thinks elephant hunting is bad. Tells you pretty much everything you need to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddox View Post
                              facebook page

Seems like a winner.

He grew up in the New England area then moved to the west coast. So he is a yous guys kinda guy who then moved to the land of fruits and berries. That’s all I need to know.

Comment

I hope you penetrate his web of deception and get your pound of flesh.

Comment

Working...
                                X