No announcement yet.

2018 Shed Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was last weeks my friend found at the ranch.
    205”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post

A few I found! Man he's gonna be good next yr!
      I think you are on to something haha

Comment

I think ours are still fighting

Comment

Originally posted by aggie182 View Post
          Off topic but sort of not, if anyone has sheds they can live without, I'll trade you a pen per turnable set. They can't be chalky or have been sitting in the sun for the past few years.

I have some extra sheds. What do you consider a “turnable set”?

Comment

I struck out yesterday

Comment

Found today in Utopia

Comment

Me and my boys will be looking during spring break. Should be fun.

Comment

the kids and I are walking every day but so far no luck. I'm not sure if bucks really hang around on our property much. Tons of doe though.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                    Found today in Utopia

Another awesome set

Comment

Originally posted by EZ-10RANCH View Post
                      I have some extra sheds. What do you consider a “turnable set”?
                      Yes this

Comment

About 1/2 the bucks in Llano area have already dropped. About month early.

Comment

Ok shed hunters , where do you look if you are really out shed hunting. I stumble across a few every year but not on purpose.
                          Any tips for finding them?

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
                            Ok shed hunters , where do you look if you are really out shed hunting. I stumble across a few every year but not on purpose.
                            Any tips for finding them?

Don't know where you are looking, but here we go.

Fence crossings, feeder stations, clearcuts, creek crossings, logging roads, roadways/right of ways with new browse, bedding areas are the number one spot, deer trails in general especially if a rub or scrape line is involved. Any place where 2 types of cover come together.

I put in the foot work and do a lot of walking. I usually start off riding my 4wheeler on all the roads and right of ways on my lease.

Comment

I make pens locally and usually advertise them on my neighborhood facebook page around the holidays and during Mother's Day/Father's Day/End of school year time frame. I ran through most of my antler stock on Father's Day and Christmas orders.

I should have been more specific in my post above. I'm looking to replenish my stock of antler by trading a pen for a decent set of sheds to help replenish my stock. Turnable would mean something with sufficient diameter to drill and turn in to a pen. Turnable would also mean that it won't explode while it's spinning 4200 RPMs when I hit it with a gouge or skew. I'm not looking for sheds that were found a few years ago and hung on a fence post that have baked in the sun for a few years. Stuff that's a few years old and has been stored inside is typically fine. I've sent a few PMs and will send to the guys above as well.

Essentially, I'm looking to trade pen(s) for usable antler for future pen projects so I can replenish my supply. I can turn your pen with your antler if it has some sort of sentimental value or I can turn pens with the antler I have left to give to you at the time of trade.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie182 View Post
                                I make pens locally and usually advertise them on my neighborhood facebook page around the holidays and during Mother's Day/Father's Day/End of school year time frame. I ran through most of my antler stock on Father's Day and Christmas orders.

I should have been more specific in my post above. I'm looking to replenish my stock of antler by trading a pen for a decent set of sheds to help replenish my stock. Turnable would mean something with sufficient diameter to drill and turn in to a pen. Turnable would also mean that it won't explode while it's spinning 4200 RPMs when I hit it with a gouge or skew. I'm not looking for sheds that were found a few years ago and hung on a fence post that have baked in the sun for a few years. Stuff that's a few years old and has been stored inside is typically fine. I've sent a few PMs and will send to the guys above as well.

Essentially, I'm looking to trade pen(s) for usable antler for future pen projects so I can replenish my supply. I can turn your pen with your antler if it has some sort of sentimental value or I can turn pens with the antler I have left to give to you at the time of trade.
                                I live in Spring and our place is between Huntsville and College Station. We have found quite a few (hundreds) over the last several years that are in a container. Let me know if interested and I can get you some. Several are sheds from 170-220 type deer.

Comment

Working...
                                X