Finished out shipping containers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished out shipping containers

Does anyone have pics of how they have finished out their shipping containers for a lease living quarters? Will be a 40’ High cube container. Just needing ideas of how to finish it out and how make the most of the room.

I do but I don’t know how to post pics lol

Comment

Check out this thread from Heath. He's got a pretty nice setup at his place.

Comment

2x4 on the plates with iso bird insulation. Run wiring and drywall. I do not have any pictures available but thats how I built on out in the desert for someone.

Best to build a second roof on the exterior with air flow gap to keep sun off it.

Anything you want on the floor.

The one I did we even buried one of the long sides into the side of a cliff and Stuccoed the exterior.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
          Does anyone have pics of how they have finished out their shipping containers for a lease living quarters? Will be a 40’ High cube container. Just needing ideas of how to finish it out and how make the most of the room.
          Yes, don’t have pics of my 20, but I looked at a lot of RV layouts. They tend to be the most efficient.

Like mine had pocket twins and bathroom on one end and queen on the other end

Comment

We bought a 40 HC from XCaliber in Graham. They did the door, AC’s, spray foam and the electrical (with my design). We did the rest.

We wanted to keep the container look on the inside so we just painted the spray foam.

Our layout is a Master Bedroom on one end with Queen bed, bathroom, L shaped kitchen, futon, queen over queen bunk beds.

Hanging rod in master

I made sure the AC in our bedroom flowed through door so when we had door open it would help cool container. When we shut door, the other AC is in main part for guest.

We laid down a peak and stick floor

We built out the bathroom. It has a composting toilet but has shower with hot water. We pump it in from a 1500 storage tank outside.

The L shaped kitchen with deep sink. The sink / cabinet isn’t attached because in the corner of the L is my water pump, so if I have issues I can get in there and fix.

Tankless water heater

We have a small fridge, futon and then the queen bunks.

The TV swings out when we are watching it

It’s very comfortable and doesn’t feel tight at all. It has performed well in this heat and we haven’t had any condensation issues. We really enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Go to Square One containers web page. You can get some ideas on layout.

Comment

Wow, that is nice ^^^^^^

Comment

How do/did you move it, aren't they heavy?

Comment

Some of the pics didn’t load

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5531.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	24554257

Name:	IMG_5405.jpg
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	24554258

Name:	IMG_5667.jpg
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	24554259

Name:	IMG_5671.jpg
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	24554260

My favorite part

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We are in the process of taking out the Queen over Queen bunk beds and going to build a loft Queen Bed with two recliners underneath. I think it will be more functional and we can still sleep guys in the recliner if need be.

Comment

Nice job on the man cave

Comment

Thanks guys! These definitely help get some ideas going. Fortunately I’m pretty handy, so I’ll be able to do all of it. Probably going to get started on it this weekend.

Heath I love the patio! I was thinking of doing a full length patio on it, but may knock it down to 20’ now.

Comment

FWIW: Never did it, but I planned for one once.
                            Was gonna have a 5’ “porch” inside the locked big doors with a regular door and window unit on the porch. Was gonna store corn and bbq pit there.

On the inside it was gonna be two sets of bunks and fold down table. I also suggest a carport (with a short side covers ) that covered at least the front half and a small deck in the front.
                            Last edited by Big pig; 09-17-2018, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                              FWIW: Never did it, but I planned for one once.
                              Was gonna have a 5’ “porch” inside the locked big doors with a regular door and window unit on the porch. Was gonna store corn and bbq pit there.

On the inside it was gonna be two sets of bunks and fold down table. I also suggest a carport (with a short side covers ) that covered at least the front half and a small deck in the front.
                              The big doors are remaining intact. The first 16’ will be a “garage” to house the side by side when we don’t want to haul it back and forth. We will keep a couple of coats inside that can be deployed in the garage space when the beds are not enough. It’ll be 100% spray foamed, so the garage will be climate controlled as well.

As far as carport we won’t go that far. It’ll have an awning or patio per se, but not large enough to fit a vehicle. I figure it’ll be just enough to House a side by side or two during weather, while still using it as a patio.

I was thinking of an completely open floor plan, with the bathroom being the only part enclosed. I’m kind of liking the walls I’ve seen on here even if not 100% closed off. I’m toying between bunk beds or a couple of queens. I think bunks make better use of the space, but seems like some of the guys have made queens work. I do have a pull out couch that we will use as well.
                              Last edited by TX03RUBI; 09-17-2018, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X