Garmin[emoji768] Xero A1i Ranging Bow Sight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garmin[emoji768] Xero A1i Ranging Bow Sight

Anyone using this? I’m thinking of adding to my bow next week. Looking for a little feedback.

Thanks,

Blood Sport

I watched a good friend of mine set one up this week. Nice and easy and he’s dialed in at 105

Comment

Was at BPS recently and the guys told me they couldn’t carry them in Texas as it would be useless to sell them because we can’t hunt with them. Something about having a laser?! Not sure if there’s any truth to that?? Sure is a killer looking sight.

Comment

Originally posted by AxisAddict View Post
        Was at BPS recently and the guys told me they couldn’t carry them in Texas as it would be useless to sell them because we can’t hunt with them. Something about having a laser?! Not sure if there’s any truth to that?? Sure is a killer looking sight.

I hope this isn’t the case, may have to do some research. I understood there was no visible laser being used.

Big disappointment if so.

Thanks for the input!!

Comment

Originally posted by blood-sport View Post
          I hope this isn’t the case, may have to do some research. I understood there was no visible laser being used.

Big disappointment if so.

Thanks for the input!!

This is copied straight from the regs:

Sec. 62.005. HUNTING WITH LIGHT.

Except as provided by Section 62.0055 or 62.0056,
          no person may hunt a game animal or bird
          protected by this code with the aid of an artificial light that
          casts or reflects a beam of light onto or otherwise illuminates
          the game animal or bird, including the headlights of a motor
          vehicle.

The Garmin A1 and A1i do not cast any kind of light, laser dot or other
          kind of light on target. The laser function is only for the range
          finder that is built into the sight. Beyond that the sight has an electronic
          dot that is only within the sight itself and is not projected on the target.

Comment

That was my impression. To me it seemed no different than a red dot on an AR. Thanks!

Comment

Burris is also offering the Oracle laser range finding bowsight. Little different setup in the housing as it doesn’t use glass to project a dot onto. Just an FYI. No real world experience with either other than a store.

Comment

Originally posted by Double L View Post
                This is copied straight from the regs:

Sec. 62.005. HUNTING WITH LIGHT.

Except as provided by Section 62.0055 or 62.0056,
                no person may hunt a game animal or bird
                protected by this code with the aid of an artificial light that
                casts or reflects a beam of light onto or otherwise illuminates
                the game animal or bird, including the headlights of a motor
                vehicle.

The Garmin A1 and A1i do not cast any kind of light, laser dot or other
                kind of light on target. The laser function is only for the range
                finder that is built into the sight. Beyond that the sight has an electronic
                dot that is only within the sight itself and is not projected on the target.

I’ll be adding the Garmin in the next few days

Satisfied to know it’s legal

Comment

That is incorrect. The sight is legal in Texas. There are a few states where it cannot be used currently, but Texas is not one of them.

Comment

I’ll be adding the Garmin in the next few days

Satisfied to know it’s legal
                    I am set up out to 80 currently, and this thing is the real deal.

Comment

Where did you get it and is the A1I worth the extra $200?

Comment

Originally posted by Drop Tine View Post
                        I am set up out to 80 currently, and this thing is the real deal.

Wow, not bad man.. 80 yards is a shot

Comment

Originally posted by klepdo View Post
                          Where did you get it and is the A1I worth the extra $200?
                          Cabelas online. I do like the fact that the A1i can be configured for multiple arrow setups. Remains to be seen if I actually use that feature.

Comment

Wow, not bad man.. 80 yards is a shot
                            Won’t shoot at an animal that far out, but if you can shoot a group at 80 then 40 should be a layup. Depending on the situation I would likely shoot at an elk out to 60.

Comment

How does it do with brush between you and the animal? For instance brush is at 20 yds but Bull is beyond?

Comment

Working...
                              X