No announcement yet.

Why cover license plate in photos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That one guy on here said he was going to keep a large amount of cash in his gun safe.

He probably should cover up any license plates he posts.

Does it matter what your plate # is and where you live? It may to some that post their $$$ custom rifles or post other sensitive information that's easily searchable.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
      That one guy on here said he was going to keep a large amount of cash in his gun safe.

He probably should cover up any license plates he posts.

Does it matter what your plate # is and where you live? It may to some that post their $$$ custom rifles or post other sensitive information that's easily searchable.
      Now that I can understand. Good thing I don't have expensive stuff since my plates are posted.

Comment

I've posted pics of my license plates on here also. I think our wives worked together last year, so they probably know more about us than most can find out by a license plate anyway.[emoji16]

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Where do you look up someone’s plate and find out where they live?

Comment

Because we spend all day on line showing off guns and 4 wheelers and various other things in the garage, and then say online that we are out of town all weekend in other threads...that's why I try and cover plates and pull geotagging off pics I post for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
              Because some of y'alls political views will get you fired by your employer if someone from this site sent your posts to your job

Happens everyday

First time i have ever agreed with you! You owe me a diet coke.

Sent from my iPhone using Dilly Dilly!

Comment

Three words: World Wide Web

Never post anything that you don't want the entire world to be able to know.

Comment

Originally posted by hntndawg View Post
                  Because we spend all day on line showing off guns and 4 wheelers and various other things in the garage, and then say online that we are out of town all weekend in other threads...that's why I try and cover plates and pull geotagging off pics I post for sale.
                  A buddy who is on TBH and I did just talk about this! We both thought it was crazy how often people post up on the WWW that they are about to leave for the weekend or a week or even more. Seems like an invitation for a burglary!

Comment

I don't understand it. I guess the potential theft has merit but I think more the Bumper stickers and what not draw more attention especially to vehicles . But we see those all time. If you post anything on social media you can be tracked and hacked
                    Last edited by BrandonA; 08-06-2018, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Aliens

Comment

Because some of y'alls political views will get you fired by your employer if someone from this site sent your posts to your job

Happens everyday
                        Really? Not.

If my employer wants to fire me for my political views then get after it!!

Solid chance one of them will read this too haha.

Last few posts nailed it. Some of the stuff folks post about buying, you don’t want to make it easy for someone to find where you live.

Comment

Why cover license plate in photos?

Happens everyday

Snitches get stitches. I have seen it from both sides where people cross a line on social media and some of it can be nasty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                            Really? Not.

If my employer wants to fire me for my political views then get after it!!

Solid chance one of them will read this too haha.

Last few posts nailed it. Some of the stuff folks post about buying, you don’t want to make it easy for someone to find where you live.
                            Do you not watch the news?
                            Folks are getting fired weekly because of Facebook posts or someone videoing them being a good Samaritan

Guy at pool questions lady about a resident only pool key card.....fired

I can no longer keep up

And you talk big stuff now but I bet you wont be saying that if you're called into HR getting ready to be handed a pink slip

Kissing that good 401k package you have good bye
                            Don't you have like half a mill already saved and you're not even 30 yet?
                            My memory could be foggy and I didn't search but I know I'm close.
                            And to think, I don't even have your license plate number (yet).
                            Last edited by texansfan; 08-07-2018, 02:45 AM.

Comment

It's got nothing to do with the cars, it's so they can still sell a vehicle on here and troll the forums to pizz people off and not worry about somebody finding their post and showing up at their door.

Comment

Because they saw somebody else do it and thought "I better do that, there's got to be a good reason for it!!!!"......I figured it's so nobody would know it was a stolen vehicle.......

Comment

Working...
                                X