Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

While y’all debate Ahmaud Abery- this is the death case the nation should focus on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While y’all debate Ahmaud Abery- this is the death case the nation should focus on

Cliff notes-
    While serving a drug warrant Louisville PD shoot and kill an unarmed EMT and healthcare worker who was asleep in her bed.

Her boyfriend, who is a legal/licensed gun owner states it was a no knock warrant, he fired at an entering officer.

No drugs were found at the residence. The warrant was for an individual LMPD already had in custody. The boyfriend is still in custody/charged with assault/attempted murder of an officer. None of the officers serving the warrant were wearing body cams. (Hard to believe) An internal investigation is being conducted.

This sounds like a no knock warrant gone wrong. It may come out the drug dealer and residents were in fact connected, or maybe not. Would t be the 1st time a warrant was served at the wrong address.

But what color were they? Gotta be a racist slant before anyone gets upset.

Comment

Was reading this article earlier. Such a sad, horrible way to go. Definitely something in the story don’t seem right but the public will never know. Hopefully the truth will avail!!!

Comment

Looks like the HPD debacle from a couple years ago. Not near enough checks and balances for a No-Knock warrant IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
          Looks like the HPD debacle from a couple years ago. Not near enough checks and balances for a No-Knock warrant IMO
          I was just thinking the same thing. Harding Street Murder by bad cop and attempted cover up by superiors. Haven't heard anything lately.

SH

Comment

You’re laying in bed at night and hear someone bust through your front door. What do they think is going to happen? It’s a recipe for someone to be shot. Nothing good will ever come of a no knock warrant. If the agency is too scared to identify themselves, waiting for the occupants to exit the house for a takedown would work just as well but only safer.

Comment

Originally posted by J-5 View Post
              You’re laying in bed at night and hear someone bust through your front door. What do they think is going to happen? It’s a recipe for someone to be shot. Nothing good will ever come of a no knock warrant. If the agency is too scared to identify themselves, waiting for the occupants to exit the house for a takedown would work just as well but only safer.
              Yep..especially with all the past "home invasions". Someone kicking in and entering my home is going to be greeted with burst of pew pew.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                Yep..especially with all the past "home invasions". Someone kicking in and entering my home is going to be greeted with burst of pew pew.
                Until im outta mags or dead.

But im not involved or associated with any criminals or drug dealers. The police have no reason to serve a no knock on my home.

Was the target of the warrant living with them before arrested? If it was the wrong house, address im cool with giving the officers and judge who made it happen the firing squad just like the lady got.

We just gotta get to the truth first. Im almost positive the media isnt giving it to us straight, withholding facts etc. to spin the story. There is just so many details missing and they are spinning it as racism which makes me skeptical since about 98% of their "racist" stories get debunked.

Comment

How are they able to charge the occupants with attempted murder of a police officer? Sounds like they were defending themselves from an unidentified home intruder. These no knock warrants need to be looked at. There has to be a better way than to just go busting in doors unannounced. I mean you have to go into something like that excepting there to be a fight. Bust in my house unannounced and the only thing I am going to be thinking is defending my family by any means necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
                    How are they able to charge the occupants with attempted murder of a police officer? Sounds like they were defending themselves from an unidentified home intruder. These no knock warrants need to be looked at. There has to be a better way than to just go busting in doors unannounced. I mean you have to go into something like that excepting there to be a fight. Bust in my house unannounced and the only thing I am going to be thinking is defending my family by any means necessary.
                    The boyfriend was released under house arrest.....that doesn't normally happen if you shoot a police officer

Comment

No Knock is still announced. Still identify yourself and still done before the door is hit and before entering the threshold. No knock warrants are needed in some instances for safety reasons. Most of the time they are safer for
                      Everyone involved both LE and suspect. I’ve served both and it’s a bad feeling standing in a stack knocking on the door knocking saying “Police Search Warrant” hearing people rustling around inside while you stand there and wait- 30 seconds can seem like 3 hrs when your mind is running.
                      No knock warrants usually disorient the people inside because they happen so quickly. Flash bangs going off, windows break and rake, and entry a same time and most people are too confused and disoriented to go on any offense

Safest way in my opinion is when people are stopped away from dwelling and go back and serve warrant on dwelling once intel is gathered that it is empty
                      Last edited by glen; 05-14-2020, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                        The boyfriend was released under house arrest.....that doesn't normally happen if you shoot a police officer
                        Lina Hidalgo the county judge there too? Could explain a bunch.

Comment

Ahhh okay, thanks for clarifying Glen. By its name it sounded as if they just go kicking in doors unannounced. I guess even though they are announced as they bust in the door there has to be a small percentage of cases where when people are disoriented and adrenaline is pumping and fight or flight and tunnel vision kicks in that lead starts flying before they have had time to process that the guys busting in their door and hollering were actually hollering they were the police. By the time the smoke clears it's too late. And for the record I am grateful for all our men and women in blue and what they do to keep our communities safe.

Comment

If it was when they were asleep they may not heard any "announcement".
                            I too would come out shooting knowing they would have no reason to be at my home and think it was a home invasion.
                            Had a friend shot during a home invasion several years ago.

Gary

Comment

I can see both sides of this issue.. Definitely doesn't look good for the PD's when mistakes happen and the wrong doors get broken down.. Rather because of bad intel or mistaken identity it just doesn't look good

Comment

Working...
                              X