Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breck's 2020 McLennan County Buck

A little bragging I guess….
    Saturday evening found Breck perched in an Elm tree on our McLennan County grounds. After a short hour wait, he had some does ease out and start picking up some of his hand corn. Not long afterwards this 9 point showed and for a 15 year old boy, this was the one!

Breck texted me said, “I just shot at the tall 9 point……shot was a little far and not totally convinced I hit him.” You see, me and Ashton at the time were in Tom Green County three hours away hunting our lease grounds while Breck was back home hunting our McLennan County grounds do to Saturday football obligations. So all our conversations were being done by dad gum text. …….

I advised him to sit tight for 20 minutes and then go check his arrow for blood. 15 minutes later I get a text saying, “Dad, I might have hit him, can’t find my arrow”. Then the text string starts lighting up……”OMG, OMG, OMG….I smoked him……..really I can see him lying in the lane……..OMG, OMG” He then sends me a picture (below) showing the buck laying in the lane with a caption saying…….”My view, think he is dead”.

I tried to text him to look through his binoculars to make sure he was not breathing and/or head not moving, but I was shaking so bad with shear pride all I could get punched in was “Love you son”. Once I gained my composure, I texted a great friend of mine that was hunting some ground about 12 miles down the river from Breck to see if he could swing by and help Breck with anything needed. I thank the Lord every night for the good friends that the wife and I have, and these occasions are the reason why, thanks Jake.

Anyway, the smile tells the rest of the story. He and my wife got pictures taking and then Breck got it loaded up and to the house before Jake arrived to help skin, cape and on ice.

God is good and no one can convince me otherwise. Best of luck to all and hope all kill a giant.

Rwc
    Attached Files

Heck yeah...awesome buck! Congrats to Breck!

Comment

Dude, that is so awesome! Congrats to him!

Comment

Congrats on a great buck!

Comment

Awesome! Congratulations to the hunter and the proud dad.

Comment

Congrats on a nice buck.

Comment

Congrats sir, that’s a nice buck.

Comment

Congratulations to Breck!

Comment

Outstanding job Breck! Congrats!

Dad your doing it right!

Comment

Waydago! thats a great buck

Comment

Congrats, great buck!

Comment

He did great!
                        Big congratulations.

Comment

Scoring Touchdowns on Friday Night and Big Deer on Saturdays. That boy is living the life.

Tell him I said congrats on both.

Comment

That is awesome! Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Working...
                              X