No announcement yet.

Black Bear in N. Texas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well we better stop right there... we keep postin', we'll find we're kin... I grew up literally right across the river from ya... on the Angelina side of the river...
    Since you're from "across the river", you ever fished "Pole Lake"?

Comment

They are in the hills around Concan...

Comment

Dang it, I have a home on the north end of Preston point, been up there since Saturday, came home this afternoon, seen quite a few turkeys but no bears.

Comment

No fine or jail time if you shoot thinking you are in danger.

Comment

I saw one dead on the side of the road several years ago west of trinity. I saw something bigger than a dog with black fur. Peaked my curiosity and had to turn around to check it out. I saw some flies buzzing around, he looked dead, the truck horn didn’t cause him to move and against my better judgement I had to get a closer look. Sure enough, it was a black bear. This was years before camera phones and of course I had no proof. Thankfully, he wasn’t playing possum. Any bear I’ve seen in the wild in the north country would always find a way to exit. I have also heard stories of confrontations with mama bears and those scavenging for food in dumpsters, tents, cabins and along trails. Those thoughts were in the back of my mind the whole time I was approaching him and sitting in the truck.

Comment

Don't let our elected officials find out about this...they will force everybody stay inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Utican View Post
                I saw one dead on the side of the road several years ago west of trinity. I saw something bigger than a dog with black fur. Peaked my curiosity and had to turn around to check it out. I saw some flies buzzing around, he looked dead, the truck horn didn’t cause him to move and against my better judgement I had to get a closer look. Sure enough, it was a black bear. This was years before camera phones and of course I had no proof. Thankfully, he wasn’t playing possum. Any bear I’ve seen in the wild in the north country would always find a way to exit. I have also heard stories of confrontations with mama bears and those scavenging for food in dumpsters, tents, cabins and along trails. Those thoughts were in the back of my mind the whole time I was approaching him and sitting in the truck.

Let me understand better. What you are saying is that you came upon a fly covered carcass of what appeared to be a dead bear on the side of the road. And despite all that you personally knew about bears, you mustered the courage to have a closer look and yup, it was dead! Whew! Could you have imagine if it was playing possum, there’s no telling what could have happened!!!

Comment

They have been in SE Okla for a long while. There is now a hunting season also. They have been seen in Bryan county OK on a regular basis. Have hunted them for 4 years now, have not connected yet.

Comment

Originally posted by wanderin39 View Post
                    They have been in SE Okla for a long while. There is now a hunting season also. They have been seen in Bryan county OK on a regular basis. Have hunted them for 4 years now, have not connected yet.
                    They have been near Antlers for 5-10 years.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X