Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fox1 View Post
    Ok , gotcha
    And for the sake of your initial post...

My greatest accomplishment is committing to be the best husband I can be. While I have two young boys, and my role as a dad is very important, I realize that one of the greatest gifts I can give my boys is to be a loving, Christian husband to their mom! My parents are divorced and I have made a commitment to break that cycle in my family.

You see, I've been blessed with great parents (biological and step). My parents, while divorced, made a decision to raise me in a way that I would learn from their mistakes. This decision kept them focused on being parents and not simply bitter ex's.

So, as for my greatest accomplishment, it would be my ongoing commitment to being the kind of husband and father that my wife and kids deserve.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
      Outside of God and Family, my personal best is working up the courage to start a company at age 32. All three years it was eligible it was ranked in the Houston 100 fastest growing companies, #5 one year, and the only year it was eligible it ranked 52nd in the Inc. 500 fastest growing companies. I sold it that same year and retired at age 38. The best part of that was being able to stay at home while my boys grew up into men and spending a lot of time with my wife. I take the words of "to whom much is given....much is required" to heart. I try to help as many as a possibly can.

To all those that have served our Country, my hat is off to yall.
      What kind of company was it? Is it still around?

Comment

Originally posted by easeup View Post
        awesome life right there!
        Thank you very much, sir.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
          What kind of company was it? Is it still around?
          Contract manufacturing. 1.5 billion dollar company bought it so yes it is still around. Most of it has been moved to China these days. Very few of "my" people still work there.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasFlyer03 View Post
            Flying God's gift to aviation by myself for the first time...

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post

I honestly can't point to ONE single accomplishment I am proud of. I have been blessed in so many ways and have achieved a number of accomplishments that I am proud of. It's been a good life, and if I die tomorrow, I will die happy!
              Being related to Burnadell is my greatest accomplishment.

Comment

Originally posted by lakefork View Post
                Being related to Burnadell is my greatest accomplishment.
                I met him once, and he didn't whoop my arse.
                Nuff said.

Comment

Besides my Children & 11 g-Kids & 1 great it was accomplishing most things I said I wanted to do when I was in Grade school. I told a teacher I wanted to join the Navy, own a sporting goods store & retire at 55. After High School, 5 years Active duty as a Navy Corpsman & 2 of those with the Marines (Bravest, toughest fighting men ever). I got to do TWO boot camps (Nam era), Started full time Archery shop/lanes in 1965 through 1982 while working at a steel mill (32 years). Retired at 60, missed my 55 mark. I have been blessed by seeing a son, daughter & now 3 G-sons take up bowhunting as I have done for 60 years starting 2016 (I started in 1956 & killed my 1st Deer in 1958 with a bow). It's been a tough journey but I have been blessed to have done in bowhunting/Archery what most will only dream of. God, family come 1st..
                  Just a few pics of that journey.
                  Attached Files

Comment

If we can't use family then it would be my leaving Halliburton and going back to college to finish my degree at 29 years of age.

That was tough but my wife supported me an I had a new born child to think of.

She stuck through it with me and is still here 33 years later.

Served my country. Sorry, best I've got.
                    It's enough buddy, thank you.

Comment

I've had a good run. If I died now at 45 I would say I've lived a lot.

Joined the Marines at 17. Meritorious promotion, traveled all over. Served with the 5th MEB in Desert Storm as a squad leader.

23 years in law enforcement in some of the best jobs. Patrol, Gangs/narcotics, violent offender task force, robbery, homicide.

Earned a bachelor's in Professional Writing & Technical Communication at University of Houston while working full time. Graduated summa *** laud. Then earned a master's from SHSU in criminal justice.

I teach CJ courses at lonestar college and work as a cold case unit
                      sergeant/investigator.

Saved up and bought some awesome property for retirement.

Kicked cancer's arse 3 times but lost my colon in the process. Refused to let it slow me down.

Got 5 kids and all have bow kills. 3 grandkids now.

Made plenty of mistakes but have done my best to make up for them.

Comment

Greatest hunting accomplishment was killing five quail on a covey rise while hunting in the Panhandle near Aspermont with my Dad.

Professionally, greatest accomplishment was as a press secretary in the Texas Senate, helping pass the largest bond issue in the history of the world ($1 billion) at the time -- namely to expand the prison system to efficiently keep violent offenders longer and provide treatment for non-violent, drug- and alcohol-related offenders.

Won numerous journalism awards as a writer and editor at several publications.

Won public speaking competitions up to state and regional levels, although school had no speech classes.

Witnessed voting on articles of impeachment against Pres. Richard Nixon by the U.S. House's Judiciary Committee (chaired by Rep. Peter Rodino) while a page in the House in July of 1974. That same summer, attended a portion (5 minutes) of Supreme Court arguments between Leon Jaworski and James St. Clair regarding a mandate for Nixon to turn over tapes on Watergate. Several years later published my first paid article, chronicling the events of that summer of '74 in Washington, as a cover story in the Baton Rouge, La. paper.

Perhaps my coolest accomplishment has been provided via the Green Screen. After posting a thread with my submarine pitcher son's highlights, he was subsequently contacted and has gone on to begin playing college baseball -- all as a direct result of a TBH member's call to a coach after seeing the highlight thread. Kid had his own merits, of course, voted all-state as a reliever, but you never know when the Lord will open a door.
                        Last edited by tradtiger; 01-19-2016, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Earning my Masters License and navigating the ICWW and Mississippi River and a few other places.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                            When I was a kid, my dad traveled out of town a lot. On one of the nights he was out of town my mom made lima beans with dinner. My younger brother and I hated lima beans. We didn't eat them, so my mom wouldn't let us up from the table until we both ate our servings. Instead of just choking them down, we sat there for a good 20 minutes whining and griping as the lima beans got cold and tasted even worse.

It was there at that humble family dinner table that I realized my destiny for greatness. When my mom's back was turned to clean the kitchen I checked to make sure my brother's head was still in his hands as he stared into the abyss of lima beans on his plate and grabbed a few off my plate and threw them under his chair. I pretended to chew and encouraged him to take a bite. I carefully pulled that maneuver several times more until he had eaten all of his lima beans and all of mine were on the floor under the chair. We stood to clear our plates from the table.

My mom turned and said "See that wasn't so bad", but before she said another word, fury entered her eyes. She saw the beans under his chair and thought he'd thrown them under to avoid having to eat them. She roared with rage for my brother to sit his butt back down and she got out the bag of frozen lima beans and cooked him another serving and made him eat every one. Like a ninja I kept my sheer amazement and glee to myself upon seeing how beautifully my plan had worked. I excused myself to go play GI Joes before bed while my brother endured yet another serving of lima beans.

It wasn't until 25 years later at Christmas dinner that I told my mom what I'd done. My mom apologized to my brother and nearly came across the table trying to get me. It was and continues to be my single greatest accomplishment ever.

Love it! Only difference was I found a little storage space under the table. Every couple of weeks I would have to sneak under there and throw it all away to free up some more room

Comment

Originally posted by Soldier of C View Post
                              I don't have any accomplishments, but with Christ in me. He will get all the accomplishments done that are worth mentioning.
                              X2

Comment

Learned the older I got, the smarter my father got.

Comment

Working...
                                X