Pelican 1720 gun case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jdickerson5 View Post
    You can also use an electric knife! It works well!
    Thats what I used.

If I remember right you have to come in 3/4 or an inch from your original trace line. Make your cut there and everything fits tight.

Comment

Originally posted by huntmaster View Post
      What optics are on the AR?
      Mars 6X with a gen 3A tube in it.

Comment

Originally posted by hellbndr23 View Post
        Thats what I used.

If I remember right you have to come in 3/4 or an inch from your original trace line. Make your cut there and everything fits tight.
        For the actual forms, I used cardboard cutouts. The paper was just for me to get the layout adjusted. I went on the small side just in case it needed additional shaving to fit.

Comment

Looks good and should work perfect

Comment

Saved this post from AR-15 website, good step by step for cutting foam for those who haven't done it before and want really good results:

Firearm Discussion and Resources from AR-15, AK-47, Handguns and more! Buy, Sell, and Trade your Firearms and Gear.

Comment

Update 1/9/12

I was hoping to have this done last week, but my lame postman didn't deliver the hot wire foam cutter I was expecting. More on that jerk after the pics.

I did get it today and was able to spend several hours on the templates and slowly cutting out the foam. Went through 3 of the 4 wires that come with the kit. Will definitely have to order the 8-pack replacement wire pack before the next project I have in mind.

The cut-outs for the 25 round 6.8 mags are two deep so I could carry four mags total. I also split the plugs from those cuts in half and they can be reinserted. The mag in the pics is sitting on top of a split plug, that way I can transport only two mags if that's my wish at the time and they'll still be held in place.

All loaded up that is potentially 100 rounds of 6.8spc and 39 rounds of .45acp along with the guns. Not sure that I want to know what that may weigh.

The foam cutter was $59.99 and worth it.

So my delivery date for the cutter was supposed to be Saturday and I was home all day waiting for it. Imagine my surprise when I checked the USPS tracking number at 5:10PM only to discover that the postman had noted it as delivered.

I checked my front porch, side yards, shrubs, everything and no package. I called my neighbors, some who see just about everything, and no one saw any package or any strangers making off with packages.

I was pretty irritated about it on Sunday so when I got up this morning I logged on to the Postal Inspector's web site and filled out an on-line mail theft form so they would know some idiot out here was stealing mail.

Then I called the place I ordered the cutter from and re-ordered the kit at $59.99 again, this time with a signature required so it's not left on the porch.

So it's 1:40 PM this afternoon and my doorbell rings. I was already walking in the hall only 3 feet from the front door when I see the postman quickly trotting back to his truck through the sidelights at the front entrance.

I hopped outside to try and catch him but he took off. I have a feeling he went ahead and entered it in as delivered on Saturday, even though he never got it done. That way it would look like he made the 2 day delivery schedule. It wouldn't have bothered me if he was late, but marking it as delivered caused me to file a worthless complaint and put another charge on my card that will now have to be refunded. Lame.

Comment

Looks great!! I have a friend that is a rep for Pelican. I have a few cases laying around!!! They are the best!

Comment

Sweet idea. I did the same thing for my "world ending" kit!

Comment

Man that shiner looks Awsome o yea the gun to

Comment

Going to try this method on my Pelican IM3300 Storm case for 2 Over/Under shotguns

Comment

Looks great

Comment

Good idea on the tracing. I need to do mine. I will use your method.

Comment

Working...
                          X