Arrow speeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
    You do know Strickland makes a sharper for it right?
    Yes sir. I do. Right now I'm just playing so I'm not really worried about sharpening the head. Emailed mr strickland. This man took time out and called me. What a very nice man. Lots of info.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
      What is slug-ft?
      Momentum. I've just always seen it wrote in slug-ft/s.

I do not look at kinetic to judge my arrow I use momentum to get where I want. I try to get above .57 slug-ft/s. this number comes from years of testing by dr ashby.
      I do not know if this is write or wrong. This is just a point I picked to get
      Last edited by enewman; 06-11-2013, 06:11 AM.

Comment

KE is the number that 99% of bowhunters use when talking about their bows. Momentum is actually the ability of teh arrow to penetrate a medium, hence the more momentum you have the better the arrow will penetrate.

Example: 410 grain arrow @ 314 fps with 88#'s KE and .54 momentum
        560 grain arrow @ 270 fps with 89#'s KE and .67 momentum

Still had the KE, lost speed, but made the bow quieter by a long ways, more forgiving and accurate for me at longer distances and my pin gap did not spread out that much past 40 given a heavier arrow looses less speed downrange over a light arrow and when this arrow hits, it hits with a lot more force and punch than the 410 grain arrow.

Comment

Working...
        X