Poc Sharks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poc Sharks

A couple of the 18 or so sharks my boys cought in POC last weekend. We kept the Bonnethead & put her in the cooler, later on, my oldest tells me he thinks it swallowed something & it was still alive. As time goes by, he says, Dad it is having a baby shark. Sure enough out comes a baby shark. Now we all feel bad We would have released her had we known. . Later that evening during processing, we discovered she had 5 more in there. I was not aware they would have so many babies. I always thought maybe 1 or 2 at the most. Just goes to show you're never to old to learn new things.
    Attached Files

That's a huge bonnethead. The state record is around 25 pounds or so.

Comment

How can you tell the difference between a Bonnethead and a Hammerhead?

Comment

Originally posted by A&M 90 View Post
        How can you tell the difference between a Bonnethead and a Hammerhead?
        Bonnethead has a very round nose, looks like a shovel. Hammerheads very flat nose. I'm pretty sure that technically they are still both hammerheads, the bonnethead is just a sub-spiecies.

Comment

great pics hollywood

Comment

Great pics and looks like a great time.

Comment

some really good pics

Comment

no pics of the baby sharks? wow this reminds me of the song they sang in kindergarten bout sharks...

Comment

the population of sharks in that area has really grown. Ive fished POC for many years, probably since the mid 1990's from the bays to the 600 lease blocks offshore. Ive seen / caught more sharks than ever this year, seems they are eveywhere now. I guess the limits tpwd put up a couple years ago is catching up.

Comment

congrats to your kids. Express at one time I caught alot of snapper on the 600- ((618) shark heaven now. I like heading out to City Service now when we are snapper fishing but sometimes hard to get past the AJs

Comment

Congrats

Comment

That is the biggest one I've seen.
                        The world record bonnethead is only 23 pounds!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bulldog7906 View Post
                          no pics of the baby sharks? wow this reminds me of the song they sang in kindergarten bout sharks...
                          I think my sister has some on her digital, these were taken with my BB Curve.

Comment

Working...
                          X