Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TBHVJ #38 - Kayaking the Upper Guadalupe with Mary and Colette!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Video. I almost bought one of those Future Beach Kayak at ****'s when they had them on sale. I ended p getting one of the Field & Stream Brands. I would love to do a trip like this

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
        Great video, river looked awesome! I need a kayak!! I think ya did right by ending the suffering goat. Not sure what was going on with all those down animals, very strange!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was definitely an odd coincidence.

That was a beautiful stretch of the river,. We put in early Saturday morning and paddled (and walked) up river and only encountered two other groups of yakers that were paddling downstream. We were on the river the entire day.
        My Flickr Photos

Comment

Great stuff. Think I know where yall were. JK Park?

Comment

Originally posted by Shiner View Post
            Great stuff. Think I know where yall were. JK Park?

Yessir!
            My Flickr Photos

Comment

Holler next time. Will shuttle some vehicles for you to make a longer trip

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                It was definitely an odd coincidence.

That was a beautiful stretch of the river,. We put in early Saturday morning and paddled (and walked) up river and only encountered two other groups of yakers that were paddling downstream. We were on the river the entire day.
                You were in my little slice of heaven. When you put in there at Hennings crossing (the park) and headed upstream, all the country on the right for about 3/4 of a mile is/was Klemstein land. My cousin owns most of it now. It looked like the first goat was on the left, and depending on how far up, it was one of two families. One of those families would have been a pleasant encounter. The other-not so much!!!! After you got about halfway up the horseshoe (to the railroad bridge), both sides of the river was one contiguous ranch owned by the same family and they are great people but VERY protective of their river-if you know what I mean. They also owned both sides of the river once you went under the railroad bridge. Did you get all the way upstreams to the "waterfalls"? In my opinion, those small falls are the prettiest place on the river in the Comfort area. Great video!!!

Comment

I know I shouldn't have, but i laughed hard when Mary fell in the river.

Comment

Originally posted by shaft_slinger00 View Post
                    I know I shouldn't have, but i laughed hard when Mary fell in the river.

You can laugh....I was laughing so hard myself. That is why it took me a while to get up! It was one second water to my shin, the next to my neck!

(And then Michael says....Got that on camera!)

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                      You can laugh....I was laughing so hard myself. That is why it took me a while to get up! It was one second water to my shin, the next to my neck!

Priceless! I had a good chuckle myself!

Only bad thing about hanging with Michael is that there is a good chance he's gonna video it!

Well done Bossman.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

That looked like a good time. I enjoyed the video

Comment

Thanks for "taking me along" through video! It was the perfect day to spend on the river and I was glad to see you all were catching fish, finding my cash, and losing paddles! Those holes sure get deep quick! Even Michael took a little deeper step than he anticipated! Fun times for sure. I've going there with my boy for several years and this is the first year I've actually seen other people there!

Todd

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
                              You were in my little slice of heaven. When you put in there at Hennings crossing (the park) and headed upstream, all the country on the right for about 3/4 of a mile is/was Klemstein land. My cousin owns most of it now. It looked like the first goat was on the left, and depending on how far up, it was one of two families. One of those families would have been a pleasant encounter. The other-not so much!!!! After you got about halfway up the horseshoe (to the railroad bridge), both sides of the river was one contiguous ranch owned by the same family and they are great people but VERY protective of their river-if you know what I mean. They also owned both sides of the river once you went under the railroad bridge. Did you get all the way upstreams to the "waterfalls"? In my opinion, those small falls are the prettiest place on the river in the Comfort area. Great video!!!

The first goat was on the left side (as you paddle toward Comfort), about 200 yards before the RR bridge. The second was a little ways past.

We didn't make it to the falls. Next trip we'll put in a Comfort and check them out!

We want to do a paddle and camp next trip. May have to pick your brain about securing landowner permission.
                              My Flickr Photos

Comment

that was awesome...vid skills are impressive.

You guys had a really jazzy set of circumstances on that trip that fell in your lap...cool you got it all on record!!

Comment

Working...
                                X