Who's ready to rodeo San Antonio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's ready to rodeo San Antonio?

Headed down to the Rodeo in a few. Looks like it's going to be a fun one this year.

My wife and I joined the Calf Scramble Committee in June of this year, so this will be our first year actually working at the Rodeo. I went to an orientation last night and got to see a calf scramble from an entirely different perspective.

It was actually pretty amazing to see how excited the kids were, and how nervous some of them were. After the scramble, as we were passing out information on what was required to claim their voucher and what they were required to do, it was very humbling to see the opportunities that these kids were going to get.

Tonight's my first scramble in the arena as a judge, so it should be a blast!

Awesome!

Comment

I did the San Antonio calf scramble about 13 years ago. We even got to stay for the concert.

It was a cool deal to do as a kid and get a voucher for a show animal to bring the next year. Good promotion to get kids involved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There is a boy from our 4h club that is in the calf scramble this year. My wife and daughter are headed there on Wednesday for Horse Skill and Horse Judging competition.

Comment

I'm in town for it now . Will be headed over in the next hour or so .

Comment

Welcome to SALE! I'm on the Beef committee, as well as BBQ, so I'll be there starting Monday to help wrap up the Open Show, and then work the Jr. Heifer show. Stop by the cattle barn, and say hello!

Comment

Sorry, I haven't posted again guys. Been a busy day. It's been pretty awesome to be able to help these kids out. I'm not sure I'll be able to swing by the cattle barn tonight, but I'll be back tomorrow. You guys should definitely come down here. It's a great show this year.

Comment

Been going for the past few years but doesn't look like we will go this year.

Comment

I've been clipping a few head for the heifer show but I will not be there.

Comment

Went this afternoon and this evening, was a good time!

Comment

Originally posted by txgb View Post
                      I did the San Antonio calf scramble about 13 years ago. We even got to stay for the concert.

It was a cool deal to do as a kid and get a voucher for a show animal to bring the next year. Good promotion to get kids involved

I did the scramble 23 years ago I stayed for the concert also.
                      I did catch one
                      Went to the rodeo last night. Had a good time.

Comment

I'm going to take my kids to it monday night. This is their first so we might just do the live stock show and fair grounds. I remember going as a kid and loved it. This will be their first time. I love being back in Texas!!

Comment

Sounds like a great time. Post some photos if you can.

Comment

After thinking about it, I'm not going to post any of the up close pictures. If I was a parent, I wouldn't be very happy about finding my kids pic on the internet if I didn't know about it first.

My wife and I went to watch the rodeo today and I got a few pics of the scramble from the arena, but for some reason I'm not able to get them to load.

Here's at least one pic with my wife enjoying her new hat for her Valentine's Day gift.
                            Attached Files

Comment

My wife goes crazy for the rodeo.. Me not so much I like going 1-2 times but that's about it. We are going Thursday to see Willie Nelson.

Comment

Working...
                              X