Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers up!

Comment

I am no model citizen, but I am a good man. This guy is a model citizen, a true professional, and servant to God and country. With all the scum in the world...

Prayers for Mark, his wife, his family and friends.

Comment

Prayers up for him and his family

Comment

Horrible news. Prayers for him & his loved ones.

Comment

Sent...Gog Bless

Comment

Prayers sent for full recovery to Deputy Edwards and his family

Comment

Praying for this good man!

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

Prayers for Deputy Edwards and his family.

Comment

Prayers Sent

Comment

Prayer sent.

Comment

Mark

Originally posted by mmlreiner View Post
                          So, for those who don’t have any idea what it’s like to be a cop on patrol, I’ll give a little insight. I came to Harris County SO from another PD two years ago (thanks Chew). When I made the move, as Mark did, we were placed in a class together not having ever met before. We graduated and eventually made our way to patrol together. He works a power shift 7pm-3am and I work nights. Naturally we gravitate toward each other and I consider him my brother. We have two other brothers we are close to and we watch each other’s backs every night. When I go on a call, he gets on the radio and backs me up and vise versa along with the other two. It’s not that we don’t back other deputies up but the four of us are closer and make every effort to keep each other safe.

All that being said, three days ago Mark collapsed while working out at his local gym with his wife. He’s 36, fit, not over weight and eats healthy. Ultimately the doctors found he had an arterial fistula that had caused a bleed on his brain. No way he could have ever known he was just born with it and had no idea. He was life flighted to the Med center downtown and he’s basically in a coma. His brain has swelled and doctors are doing all they can to relieve the pressure.

His wife is completely lost without him. I’ve spent the last three days up there just sitting with him in between shifts. She’s young and he’s been her rock and without him she doesn’t know what to do.

Mark is the very best of us. I often told him he was too **** nice to be a deputy. He is the sort of deputy you hope shows up to every scene involving your family because he’s SO caring. Way more awesome than I am.

They could really use some prayers. I’m staying optimistic he will wake up and eventually recover because I refuse to believe otherwise. So please, if you have a moment, I can’t bare the thought of......just send a prayer.
                          Prayers sent.

Comment

Praying for the Deputy and his family.

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Prayers for Mark and his caregivers.
                                Gary

Comment

Working...
                                X