• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it hot?.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice job!

Comment

I was only able to get one window cut and framed out before the rain came. I decided to put the bottom of the window 22” from the floor and am going to put 15” between each of the 3 windows. This should give me about a 90 degree field of view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking good. Will last a lifetime for sure

Comment

how high are you elevating them. My windows are about 32-36 inches from ground and have plenty of downrange angle even at 8ft high. Rain, It aint raining inside that blind. Excited to see finished product. Thanks for posting.

Comment

I put the bottom of the window at 22”, I played around with window height siting in there with a chair and anything higher than that seemed like you would be blocked on close shots. Especially since I scoot my chair all the way to the opposite side of the blind to shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
                how high are you elevating them. My windows are about 32-36 inches from ground and have plenty of downrange angle even at 8ft high. Rain, It aint raining inside that blind. Excited to see finished product. Thanks for posting.

Next time I think I’ll just buy one of your blinds! This has been a fun project, but I don’t think I’m going to end of saving that much money versus buying one of yours brand new!

Comment

Originally posted by AggieMark View Post
                  Next time I think I’ll just buy one of your blinds! This has been a fun project, but I don’t think I’m going to end of saving that much money versus buying one of yours brand new!

There is something to be said about building your own, and having fun doing it, But when you're ready I'll be ready

Comment

^^^^^^^^ He’s right, I Enjoyed every minute building mine, and hunt out of it every year.
                    Last edited by Hoytbowhunter; 01-30-2020, 05:26 PM.

Comment

I got the last two windows cut and framed out this morning. She’s finally starting to look like a blind. All that is left now is sealing up a few holes on the top, flashing and caulk, and then it’s time to paint.

Comment

Looking good

Comment

Looking good, there's a sealant called "through the roof" I think it will be better for this job than standard silicone.

Comment

Originally posted by 1longshot View Post
                            Looking good, there's a sealant called "through the roof" I think it will be better for this job than standard silicone.

Thanks, I’ll check it out

Comment

Very cool, I’ll be following this as I just purchased a tank and got 3 deer view 12x24” windows ordered, Should be here Wednesday. I like what you did with the door. Does it seal pretty good?

Comment

When you are done if you will post a list of things you wish you would've done or done differently, I would appreciate it. Did you keep the bottom to use as well? or was that half not tall enough to use as a blind?

I've got a tank that I am going to convert as well. I can tell already I should just buy my krivo and move on.....

Comment

Working...
                                X