X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Venison ribs

Anyone gots some ideals?

Much aperciated.

Depends on the size of the whitetail but generally there isn't much meat. For every 10 deer we shoot we might actually cook 1 of deer's ribs. If there is enough we smoke them like we do goat ribs. Sometimes we will throw them in the crockpot. https://www.spendwithpennies.com/crock-pot-ribs/
    Last edited by yotethumper; 01-10-2020, 12:17 PM.

Comment

not much meat on them, I don't mess w them

Comment

Cut into sections of 3 or 4 ribs. Throw those rib sections in the crockpot with a little beef stock or water (not much) and cook until tender, but not fall off the bone tender. Then put ribs on the grill to get a good char and baste with sauce.

Comment

My dog loves them.

Comment

Never tried it but this was posted a while back https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...highlight=Ribs

Comment

Sorry, I don't have a recipe or anything, but you may look at doing a venison rib chop/lollipop. That looks the most appealing to me when I was thinking of doing the processing on my deer. The Bearded Butchers are some dudes from Ohio that have a Youtube channel. They'll give you some ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
                Cut into sections of 3 or 4 ribs. Throw those rib sections in the crockpot with a little beef stock or water (not much) and cook until tender, but not fall off the bone tender. Then put ribs on the grill to get a good char and baste with sauce.
                Exactly what I do. Delicious.

Comment

About the only way I know is to leave the back strap attached to the ribs and smoke them halfway on the smoker then cover in foil the rest of the way. Other than that ain't much meat in them to jack with.

Comment

Buzzards Gota Eat

Comment

Working...
                    X