DIY Electric Smoker HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY Electric Smoker HELP

I have a glass front "visi-cooler" like you get bottle drinks out of at grocery store check out lines. The compressor went out and I can't make myself throw it away. So the first thing that came to mind was to turn it into an electric smoker. But, I need help with how to control the burner temp and settings. Any and all help and ideas will be appreciated. Thanks.

you should be able to pick up an electric burner on ebay pretty cheap. Ive seen where people set a cast iron skillet on the burner that is filled with soaked wood chips that seems to work pretty good. You may want to figure out some type of vent/smoke stack at the top to let the air move.

Comment

There were a couple of threads on here where people turned refrigerators into smokers. They have all the info you need.
      Just do a search.

Comment

I vote the Alton Brown method and just a terracotta pot as a smoker...

but like they said above, any electric burner with a metal container filled with wood chips will work.

Comment

Allied Kenco, they sell every part imaginable for a smoker. They also have a "Smoke House" Do it yourself section. Good luck and post up pixels of your build.
          We are a butcher supply house specializing in sausage and jerky making supplies and equipment. We also supply meat smoking and curing products, BBQ and outdoor cooking supplies, as well as food preservation supplies.

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
            Allied Kenco, they sell every part imaginable for a smoker. They also have a "Smoke House" Do it yourself section. Good luck and post up pixels of your build.
            We are a butcher supply house specializing in sausage and jerky making supplies and equipment. We also supply meat smoking and curing products, BBQ and outdoor cooking supplies, as well as food preservation supplies.

Thanks dnaio1 they had about everything i'll need. I'll start up with the pics after my stuff gets ordered and comes in.

Comment

Working...
            X