broadhead POI & field tip POI.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post
    should take five minutes to check if it's underspined . . . . . which i'd do just to validate.

drop the poundage and you should see the gap get closer. Not sure if your moving poundage up or down how your getting broad heads to move to the target.
    looked on beemans website http://www.huntersfriend.com/carbon_...ifications.htm

And my arrows are not supposted to go past 50? yet the box says 57?

Comment

I shoot the Speeds myself. I shot Maximas for 5 years. Loved em. But the Speeds worked just as well last year. The only difference i experienced was the $$$ savings over the Maximas.

I'll shoot 400's off of a hard cam bow at not more than about 62 pounds. That cut to 27 inches and a 100 grain head. Any more pounds I just go ahead and jump to 340's. Makes broad head tuning alot easier.
      Last edited by JW; 07-31-2012, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Gold Tip XT Hunters 75/95. Have worked well for me for quiet a few years and for around $65 to $70 per dozen for shafts.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
          I shoot the Speeds myself. I shot Maximas for 5 years. Loved em. But the Speeds worked just as well last year. The only difference i experienced was the $$$ savings over the Maximas.

I'll shoot 400's off of a hard cam bow at not more than about 62 pounds. That cut to 27 inches and a 100 grain head. Any more pounds I just go ahead and jump to 340's. Makes broad head tuning alot easier.
          shooting a hard cam also and a 27inch arrow shooting 60lbs what type of speed are you getting? with 500's at 59lbs with a 25.5inch draw i could get 264fps.

Comment

At 60lbs and my arrows weighing right at 370 grains i get 295fps. Bowtech 82nd Airborne. 28 inch draw. When you get to 28 inch draw you will increase about 25fps.

Comment

At 60lbs and my arrows weighing right at 370 grains i get 295fps. Bowtech 82nd Airborne. 28 inch draw. When you get to 28 inch draw you will increase about 25fps.
              I wonder how fast I'll be if I dropped to 370gr from 450gr

Comment

the pse sales rep (good friends with) i believe he said that on my bow (pse) 1inch adds 13fps.

Comment

Originally posted by Skullworks52 View Post
                  the pse sales rep (good friends with) i believe he said that on my bow (pse) 1inch adds 13fps.
                  I'd believe this

Comment

Its normally 10 across the board.

Comment

Originally posted by TallTexan View Post
                      I wonder how fast I'll be if I dropped to 370gr from 450gr
                      Ball park of 23 fps. ish!

Comment

Ball park of 23 fps. ish!
                        Wow I'd be shootin 315 fps! And 365fps if I turn it up to 70lbs from 65 that would be screaming

Comment

Originally posted by TallTexan View Post
                          Wow I'd be shootin 315 fps! And 365fps if I turn it up to 70lbs from 65 that would be screaming
                          Thats right. I forgot you have a 44 1/2" DL!!!!

Comment

Thats right. I forgot you have a 44 1/2" DL!!!!
                            It's 40" btw I'm certainly called TallTexan for a reason

Comment

Good thread, very informative. Im shooting a athens acc34 28/60 shooting gt velocity 5575 cut 27 1/8 to nock valley. Waiting on my bh's (st 100gr mags) to get here so i can tune my bow. Arrows should work, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
                                Good thread, very informative. Im shooting a athens acc34 28/60 shooting gt velocity 5575 cut 27 1/8 to nock valley. Waiting on my bh's (st 100gr mags) to get here so i can tune my bow. Arrows should work, correct?
                                Should be fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X