Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shane View Post
    The two main reasons I shoot a wrist release:

1. It's strapped on to my wrist, so I can't drop it while hunting.

2. As soon as I take it off my wrist, I strap it on the riser before I put the bow away. The next time I take the bow out of the case, I will ALWAYS have my release.
    1. I have a piece of string loop material attached to my handheld that goes around my wrist. My release says hooked to my D loop while in the stand. I slip my hand in the loop and grab the release when I get ready to shoot.

2. As soon as I take it off my D Loop, I hook it it to my riser using the string loop material that is attached to it before I put the bow away. The next time I take the bow out of the case, I will ALWAYS have my release.

Hi Shane!

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post

If you are going to make the switch, start early so you have plenty of time to make the changes necessary to make it work. You could have to change draw length shorter to get a consistent anchor, change anchor points totally, move sight pins and things like that. So you don't want to run out of time before la big event, and have to go back. That of course if just my opinion.
    I practiced with mine for well over a year, including alot of time in the house with a Morin Trainer before I ever took it to the field. I don't ever plan to go back to a wrist strap release. I shoot much more consistently with it and my groups are alot tighter.

Comment

Wrist strap almost gave me carpal tunnel. I do pull a bit of lb's....

Comment

i tried a true ball hand held i dont remember which one it was 99.99 seemed nice but i would jerk my bow a little i took it back

Comment

I shot with a wrist strap release for years, but switched to a hand release just before season last year.

I am very happy with it, and have since upgraded to a really nice hand release. I didn't have any issues with finding an anchor, or with my groups swelling up (they have shrunk a bit to be honest)

I don't see me changing back to a wrist strap any time soon.

Comment

Wrist strap is what I started with and is probably what I'll always use. Thought about a hand held for a while but never commited to changing.

Comment

I shot a hand held one when I used to shoot off the string. I now shoot a loop and use a wrist release. I like the wrist better because you can keep it on you the whole time and twist it around to get it out of your way. the hand held you have to keep in your pocket or attached to the bow.

Comment

anybody have a pic of proper shooting with a hand held release. I tried one at basspro and had no clue of where my anchor point should be

Comment

Everyone is going to be different with where they will be confortable on the anchor with a hand held release. I usually turn my hand with my palm facing away from my face with the space between my index finger and second finger right on my jaw line. it gives me a good solid anchor everytime. You just need to find an anchor that you can use and go back to time and time again.

Comment

wrist

Comment

Working...
                    X