X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks great man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

They did a great job. Reminds me of all the DFW Wreckers I built back in the 1980s.

Comment

Lights in. Backup camera hooked up. Only snag is that I didn't measure the length of the wiring harness for the backup sensors, so a rework of that harness may be required to lengthen it to fit.

Comment

Finally wrapped up completely, well except for a couple of pop rivets. Backup camera and sensors are working, as are all the lights. Even pulled a trailer with it a couple times.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucksaw View Post
            Another weekend cheat session. Got the rear skirt panel replaced, boxes cut out and the passenger side welded in place. Also got the passenger skirt tacked in. Sure seems like I did more than that, but that's all I can think of.

Can I get a close up of that CNC computer stand. Looking to build a new one and that looks great. We've got the same machine you do it looks like!

Comment

Originally posted by Bucksaw View Post
              Finally wrapped up completely, well except for a couple of pop rivets. Backup camera and sensors are working, as are all the lights. Even pulled a trailer with it a couple times.

I curious why the channel for the GN ball? Top of the ball appears to be close or even with top of bed. Why not jut leave a well for the GN ball with a lid, then whole bed can be used to carry stuff with out the channel leading to the ball? I know you got to throw some extra turns on trailer jack to clear end of bed, but never understood this style of bed. I am not knocking it, looks great! Just trying to learn more

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
                I curious why the channel for the GN ball? Top of the ball appears to be close or even with top of bed. Why not jut leave a well for the GN ball with a lid, then whole bed can be used to carry stuff with out the channel leading to the ball? I know you got to throw some extra turns on trailer jack to clear end of bed, but never understood this style of bed. I am not knocking it, looks great! Just trying to learn more
                Well, I did that on my first one, and I ran into some issues with a couple of trailers not being able to clear the back of the bed (missing by an inch or less) with the jack lifted all the way. Usually this is because the trailer was taken off of a shorter truck, most times a 2wd, prior to my using it. I just thought I would try this to see if I liked it. I got mixed reviews on the issue from folks while trying to decided if I wanted to go this route or not, so I figured I would go for it and avoid the issues I had before. Now, I will admit, I only haul a gooseneck a handful of times, so I probably could have managed with the design you described, and to be honest, it might have been more practical, but it is what it is. Im not entirely sold on the channel idea. Sometimes I wish I had made it with a flat deck. I just think its a cleaner look with a flat deck. But, it has come in handy the one time I had to move a trailer. I just don't think I will haul enough to justify the design feature.

I am debating making a cover for the entire channel that flips up out of the way when I need to haul a trailer, but that will make for a flat floor when I need one. I think I have an idea for one that will make for a clean modification and install, but I really don't want to go about the whole painting process again. I am also debating on putting a rub rail and a fender on it, but then sometimes I like the flat look. I don't know. My wife says Im insane, and she may be right.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
                  Can I get a close up of that CNC computer stand. Looking to build a new one and that looks great. We've got the same machine you do it looks like!
                  That stand is just an old beat up media cart that we stole from the library several years ago. it used to hold overhead projectors, but nobody uses those except me anymore, so I got to keep the cart and a bunch of projectors to use as parts when mine breaks.

Comment

Dang, that looks very nice! I don’t know how I missed out on all this, but it’s an excellent copy of a Western Welding bed! I kinda copied them too, since I live in Cordell OK and drive by that shop about 8 times every day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X