Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thing Are Going To Get REALLY Bad Before They Get Better....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thousand lose loved ones to cancer every day. Why is this different and the need to completely shut down the economy? Election year?

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
      Do you realize that is what they have done? Except they did it without addressing the virus. “They” cut the head off the snake by demolishing the US and World economy because we can’t let 100,000 people die from a virus. But we don’t even pay attention to the 600,000 people that die per year in the US because of preventable heart disease and diabetes and obesity. But let’s shut the world economy down because 200,000 Americans (older americans) might die because of a virus???? Lord forbid that we allow unhealthy people be accountable for their actions. Let’s crash the world economy because we can’t stand that.

The virus is bad. No denying that. But we can’t sacrifice the world economy to save 100,000 or 200,000 or even 500,000 lives. It makes no logical sense. I don’t care if the hospitals are overrun. I don’t care if people die. It is not worth the sacrifice that 10’s of millions of Americans are “making” to “save” the lives of hundreds of thousands of predominately elder Americans with preexisting conditions.

A large majority of the population wasn’t given the option to close their business. They were TOLD to close their business. That is NOT RIGHT. The government has now told us that we can’t go to church, we can’t congregate, and now we have curfews and such. How many more rights are we going to let them take away?!

Sunday is Palm Sunday. And we can’t congregate. And we can’t go to church. Next weekend is EASTER!!! And according to the government, we can’t even get together with family to celebrate. Anyone else see a problem with this?!

Everyone thinks I’m an ***** Hol3 for the same line of thinking. Very well said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thing Are Going To Get REALLY Bad Before They Get Better....

Originally posted by woodsman View Post
        Hypothetical question: Would anyone here be willing to give up their life to save the global economy? Or your elderly family member’s life?

I’m willing to go to work, and take care of my family the best I can, and take my chances....that’s what I’ve been doing.

This country was founded on doing the right thing for the greater good, or it was until the “men” of this country started raising “cats”, and they started voting for others.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
          Issue the malaria pills, have those susceptible quarantine, everyone else practice social distancing and go back to work. For sure see what happens in Sweden. Before you get angry at me I am in the high risk group, but I want my children and grandchildren to grow up in a prosperous country.
          What good is a prosperous country if everybody is sick and dying? I’m in the high risk group too. I promise you my kids would rather have a daddy than a booming economy

Comment

Somebody beat me to it

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
              This is my thinking as well. Our economy "seemed" strong, but like any business that grows too fast, wasn't very sturdy. Too much student debt, too much corporate debt and too much personal debt. What if.....our government saw an opportunity to retract the economy without it seeming as if it crashed on its own, which it would soon have done anyhow, and they used the COVID19 opportunity as a smokescreen. Our economy was due for a correction. What better opportunity to hide the fact that it was crashing.

....thoughts from a college dropout.
              Wearing the "tin foil" are we now??
              This could actually be a likely scenario.

Comment

Regardless of the path we follow over the next few months we were/are due to see a terrible down turn(severe depression) in the economy as has been said by some people. You can't expect good **** to last forever on the nanny state that we have become (this happened decades back IMHO). You can't thrive on debt like we have as a nation. yet, we continue to spend money like its toilet paper. Soon money will be worth the same as tp.

People say we just can't risk the health of the economy on saving some lives. Wake the tuck up we have been doing it for decades now. That is why national debt is what it is. Wellfare is out of control and has been for decades yet politicians will not address that because they fear they will get voted off the island.

It's like this pandemic is our last warning! It should now be clear to folks we can't continue to depend on other countries for our survival needs (medicines, food, energy etc.). This means we need to make and grow our own stuff so it will be more expensive and we will be able to afford less of it. As a start, we need to vote all the dirt bags out of congress and the senate and that's not just in Washington.

Just my dos centavos $.02
                Last edited by Pedernal; 04-04-2020, 04:06 AM.

Comment

Last edited by Radar; 04-04-2020, 05:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    I’m willing to go to work, and take care of my family the best I can, and take my chances....that’s what I’ve been doing.

This country was founded on doing the right thing for the greater good, or it was until the “men” of this country started raising “cats”, and they started voting for others.

Ditto^^^^^^^
                    If go to work and run calls I sick people. I’m 50 with high BP I guess that put me at least close to the high rush group. I still go to the store, still work a few handyman jobs, outside of the hysteria around me life in normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post

To answer that last question....there are no mistakes. I’ll continue to pray for this nation

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                        Do you realize that is what they have done? Except they did it without addressing the virus. “They” cut the head off the snake by demolishing the US and World economy because we can’t let 100,000 people die from a virus. But we don’t even pay attention to the 600,000 people that die per year in the US because of preventable heart disease and diabetes and obesity. But let’s shut the world economy down because 200,000 Americans (older americans) might die because of a virus???? Lord forbid that we allow unhealthy people be accountable for their actions. Let’s crash the world economy because we can’t stand that.

The virus is bad. No denying that. But we can’t sacrifice the world economy to save 100,000 or 200,000 or even 500,000 lives. It makes no logical sense. I don’t care if the hospitals are overrun. I don’t care if people die. It is not worth the sacrifice that 10’s of millions of Americans are “making” to “save” the lives of hundreds of thousands of predominately elder Americans with preexisting conditions.

A large majority of the population wasn’t given the option to close their business. They were TOLD to close their business. That is NOT RIGHT. The government has now told us that we can’t go to church, we can’t congregate, and now we have curfews and such. How many more rights are we going to let them take away?!

Sunday is Palm Sunday. And we can’t congregate. And we can’t go to church. Next weekend is EASTER!!! And according to the government, we can’t even get together with family to celebrate. Anyone else see a problem with this?!
                        Yes. I'm just waiting for the same liberals pleading with us on TV to stay home and not work, for the health and welfare or the people, to be saying the same things to get people to turn in their guns.
                        Sheep.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                          To answer that last question....there are no mistakes. I’ll continue to pray for this nation

I took down the post, probably better that I keep my trap shut.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                            I took down the post, probably better that I keep my trap shut.

Wasn’t a bad take at all imo.. I’m by no means a financial advisor, or economics major, I’m not sure how bad things are going to get however i feel like two more weeks of this and i don’t believe we pull out of a collapse. What a collapse entails or looks like idk, but i hope it’s for a purpose much greater than we know. Maybe the atrocious government assistance spending on illegals and system abusers comes to a hault to start with.

Comment

Originally posted by woodsman View Post
                              Hypothetical question: Would anyone here be willing to give up their life to save the global economy? Or your elderly family member’s life?
                              I would definitely risk it to save the US economy. Not to keep the spoiled way of life most are used to, but to keep it from crashing. Almost seems like a lot of yall dont know what its like to be poor for real. To be helpless in caring for yourself and family. Might be time for some to really thinking about the possible reality if we have a real depression.

That doesnt mean you do a staycation rather than vacation. That doesnt just mean you make your kid wear their Nikes for a full 6 mo before they get new ones. It could mean they are taping those Walmart shoes up to hold them together like I had to do as a kid. And pull their socks halfway down so they can fold the bottom under because the hole at the toes was so big the entire foot went through. Sharing underwear and bathwater because the waterheater uses so much electricity.

That could mean the electricity gets turned off and no A/C. No hot water. 20yo car you have to fix yourself.

Your kids crying because they are so tired of rice and beans. Why cant we just go to McDonalds! Forget the deer lease. No way those few deer are cost efficient. Just the fuel.to get there is worth more than the meat. Plus your car has been overheating and you dont know why and that one tire is in real bad shape.

Looks like some have ever had to live this and just dont understand how bad it can get. How bad it has been in the past. We are not immune. We are not special. We have been living in a dream world of plenty that is unprecedented. And we are so spoiled we cant even fathom that it can all go away so easily.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                                I would definitely risk it to save the US economy. Not to keep the spoiled way of life most are used to, but to keep it from crashing. Almost seems like a lot of yall dont know what its like to be poor for real. To be helpless in caring for yourself and family. Might be time for some to really thinking about the possible reality if we have a real depression.

That doesnt mean you do a staycation rather than vacation. That doesnt just mean you make your kid wear their Nikes for a full 6 mo before they get new ones. It could mean they are taping those Walmart shoes up to hold them together like I had to do as a kid. And pull their socks halfway down so they can fold the bottom under because the hole at the toes was so big the entire foot went through. Sharing underwear and bathwater because the waterheater uses so much electricity.

That could mean the electricity gets turned off and no A/C. No hot water. 20yo car you have to fix yourself.

Your kids crying because they are so tired of rice and beans. Why cant we just go to McDonalds! Forget the deer lease. No way those few deer are cost efficient. Just the fuel.to get there is worth more than the meat. Plus your car has been overheating and you dont know why and that one tire is in real bad shape.

Looks like some have ever had to live this and just dont understand how bad it can get. How bad it has been in the past. We are not immune. We are not special. We have been living in a dream world of plenty that is unprecedented. And we are so spoiled we cant even fathom that it can all go away so easily.
                                Well said, Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X