New house construction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New house construction

I have a thread that has been going for over a year now about buying raw land and clearing and adding improvements. Starting this thread today to follow the progress of the house. Today was the first day of construction beginning.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Thread of property to date.

Comment

Awesome. Been a lot of work done in the past year. Glad to hear y'all made it through Harvey ok. That's a beautiful home y'all decided on. Nice to see it finally getting underway. I'm thinking we are going to go the same route. Original plan was a Barndo, but I now know that it isn't just me that thinks they are much more expensive in this area than others. When I first got the bid for finishing the inside I thought the contractor had made a mistake and quoted me for the entire build. He said no mistake that's what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
        Awesome. Been a lot of work done in the past year. Glad to hear y'all made it through Harvey ok. That's a beautiful home y'all decided on. Nice to see it finally getting underway. I'm thinking we are going to go the same route. Original plan was a Barndo, but I now know that it isn't just me that thinks they are much more expensive in this area than others. When I first got the bid for finishing the inside I thought the contractor had made a mistake and quoted me for the entire build. He said no mistake that's what it is.
        Yea, I think most of the savings in the barndo is people that do the work themselves finishing it out. I would love to do that, but don't have the time at this point in my life. I got finish out bids for 2100 Sqft of living area for $250-275K. The house is being built for much less and is larger. How does that make sense?

We were staying with my parents for a few months when harvey hit. Their house didnt fair so well. We were lucky our RV was in sinton and was fine.

Comment

following

Comment

I'm glad you are able to get it under way. How have yall been, I haven't seen you in awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by kenith_rowe2004 View Post
              I'm glad you are able to get it under way. How have yall been, I haven't seen you in awhile.
              Amber took the kids to portland and stopped by Amanda's on Tuesday for some trick or treating. Were good, just ridiculously busy like every one else. Need to get together for some BBQ one weekend when your off.

Comment

Heres a video I put together so you can see some progress being made!!

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload
                Last edited by dhillis; 11-02-2017, 08:53 PM.

Comment

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Did something about embedding youtube video change?
                  Last edited by dhillis; 11-02-2017, 08:56 PM.

Comment

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
                    I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Did something about embedding youtube video change?[/QUOTE]

Comment

Got home today and the rough in plumbing is done. Should be pouring concrete one day next week. Will upload another video next week sometime.

Comment

Yeah i'm stuck offshore right now, we definitely need to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by kenith_rowe2004 View Post
                          Yeah i'm stuck offshore right now, we definitely need to do that.
                          Didn't even know you went back offshore. We will obviously have to have everyone over when the house is done.

Comment

Getting foundation today

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Working...
                              X