Opinions on New Lithium Cordless Brand Power Tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am in the market to replace some stolen cordless tools and want to go the lithium route.

I have always been a Dewalt fan but am not married to the brand.

Looking on Amazon there are a few variations on Lithium. Nano technology, 18v, 20v, 36v!

Throw out your opinions on lithium cordless.

What works, what doesn't, whatever!

I have a Dewalt Impact that i love it is a bad mofo and when my drill quits I am going the same route to share batteries.........because they are high

Comment

I've got a set of Makita 18v set, and love them.

Battery charges in 30 min or less, won't get memory, and seem to last

Comment

I love my Makita set

Comment

I've made up my mind to get the blue Makita stuff.....I just can't make up my wallet.

Comment

I just bought a Hitachi lithium 18V drill and it is great. Plenty of power and the lithium batteries do not lose a charge.

Comment

The only drawback too lithium, and it's really not a drawback, is that you do not get any warning that the battery is about to die. You either have power or don't.

The new dewalt 20v stuff is good.

Comment

Originally posted by TxTechBowhunter View Post
                The only drawback too lithium, and it's really not a drawback, is that you do not get any warning that the battery is about to die. You either have power or don't.
                I noticed that with my lithium batteries used in flash lights!

Comment

I've had good luck with Ryobi. There are a lot of tools that use the same battery. The Lithium batteries have circuitry in them to prevent complete discharge, that's why they just stop, it protects the battery and the tool.

Comment

Todd, my Ryobi set is ok. But if I had your kind of money I'd go with Makita

Plus you could leave them at the lease for me to use

Comment

Originally posted by JWF1016 View Post
                      I love my Makita set
                      +1. I got the impact and regular drill in a kit with the charger and accessories. Awesome set, I like it a little more and my dewalt set weight wise. Keep a look out on Craigslist

Comment

I've got some dewalt 20v lithiums. The big 3 m/ah batteries are the way to go and had to upgrade to the big drill from the compact. Too many 3/4" holes and she petered out. The sawzall is a road trimming son of a gun with a pruning blade.

Comment

Originally posted by wsteffen View Post
                          I've had good luck with Ryobi. There are a lot of tools that use the same battery. The Lithium batteries have circuitry in them to prevent complete discharge, that's why they just stop, it protects the battery and the tool.
                          X2

All the pipeliners at my work have switched from Dewalt to Ryobi and Love them. And you know how hard pipeliners are on equipment.

Comment

Dewalt for me, and they have a repair center here in the dfw area so turn around is quick IF you have any problems.

Comment

The Ryobi lithiums are way better than the other type. Well worth the money.

LWD

Comment

Working...
                              X