Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How frugal are you?

I prefer frugal instead of cheap, but that's just me

I do a few things that people call me cheap because of, but I don't care, I just don't like being wasteful! As an example, I have a perfectly good ice maker in my freezer. Makes a lot more ice than I use. So occasionally I fill a gallon ziploc with ice and throw it in chest freezer. I probably have 20 bags in there, maybe 100 lbs? Probably only $20 worth, but hey $20 is $20! It's not about the money, it's more about why spend it if I don't have to?!?!

I have a few other "cheap" things I do too. Out of curiosity, and I'll probably regret asking this group , do y'all have any odd frugalities you do? Just wondering if I'm the only cheapskate around?

Do you throw the ziplocs away after the ice melts?

Comment

frugal on most things. not so much on others, namely food. if I'm hungry, i'm stopping to eat.

Comment

My mom always bought cheap toliet paper! 3 ply or nothing

as for me.... i wont buy meat till the sell by date so its cheaper

Comment

I wish I was since I am poor lol but I tend to buy what I want

Comment

I never throw away that last little piece of soap. I press it back into the new bar. Habit from my poor days.

Comment

Originally posted by Extremebowman View Post
              I prefer frugal instead of cheap, but that's just me

I do a few things that people call me cheap because of, but I don't care, I just don't like being wasteful! As an example, I have a perfectly good ice maker in my freezer. Makes a lot more ice than I use. So occasionally I fill a gallon ziploc with ice and throw it in chest freezer. I probably have 20 bags in there, maybe 100 lbs? Probably only $20 worth, but hey $20 is $20! It's not about the money, it's more about why spend it if I don't have to?!?!

I have a few other "cheap" things I do too. Out of curiosity, and I'll probably regret asking this group , do y'all have any odd frugalities you do? Just wondering if I'm the only cheapskate around?
              I keep ice in the freezer also. It's alot cheaper to run the freezer if it is full.

Comment

Originally posted by Allaround View Post
                I never throw away that last little piece of soap. I press it back into the new bar. Habit from my poor days.
                I do that, not because I am cheap, but I don't have a trash can in the shower!

Where's Humper?!

Comment

I'm so tight I have to screw my socks on.

Comment

I like that ice idea!

Comment

Not as frugal as I should be because I am blessed with a good job. If everything changed, I could be down right tight @$$ed though. I like the ice thing!

Comment

I wish I was frugal but I really like the ice idea. Always low on ice in the cooler by the pool. Guess I am too frugal to buy a Yeti ( please don't delete this thread)

Comment

Not as frugal as I should be because I am blessed with a good job. If everything changed, I could be down right tight @$$ed though. I like the ice thing!
                          LOL! That's me

Comment

Originally posted by Allaround View Post
                            That's me

All lights out if you're not in the room and the list goes on.

Here I am.......just not the wife trying to buy shoes (I'm buying ammo)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fXmLkWRYIU"]'Heist' Commercial :30 | Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

People laugh at me at work because I eat tuna straight out of the can most times during the week. Instead of spending 30-40 a week like they do, I keeps it cheap.

Comment

Working...
                              X