No announcement yet.

Just broke down in San Marcos!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the advice on Spanky's. I'll give them a shout tomorrow morning.

Comment

Not sure if it's accurate but I had a yellow top in my hot rod go bad really quickly and I was told it was because I let it die completely. They are gel cell so letting them die supposedly ruins the battery, they should always stay on a trickle charge. Might be your issue if the orig. alternator let them run to no charge.

Comment

I am trying to remember what I left undone when I changed my alternator out one time. It ran fine for a bit then died. Seems like it was a plug or something I failed to reconnect

I have been burned a few times on "rebuilt" parts. Autozone has a warranty on most of their stuff but it does not cover the labor
        Hope it turns out to be a simple and cheap fix

Comment

Maybe an open cell in a battery. Do a load test on the batteries. Just because they show 12or more volts, an open cell could overload the alternator.

Comment

Whatever you do, don't take it to Griffith ford. I have had two vehicles thr n they screwed up one worse and tried to screw me on the second one.

Comment

Dang man. I feel for ya. Wish you were closer I could have saved you a hotel bill and drove you around tomorrow. I know how it is to be stranded and it sucks!

Prayers sent.

Comment

I'm hoping those 2 batteries aren't bad - that's about $450 in batteries. But I think they're covered by Autozone and one of them is only a month (or less) old.

I really appreciate all the advice and well-wishes! Y'all rock, as usual.

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                Dang man. I feel for ya. Wish you were closer I could have saved you a hotel bill and drove you around tomorrow. I know how it is to be stranded and it sucks!

Prayers sent.
                Thanks Chew!!

Comment

Id bet $100 bill its that junky AZ alt.....just sayin.......factory parts aint cheap but it kept you going until 50 miles ago...

Comment

Hey, like Chew said......let me know if you need some help tomorrow. I am at home in Wimberley and pretty much off tomorrow.

Comment

Could be the batteries. Optimas haven't been near the quality lately as they were in the past. I'd take them to Auto zone and have them tested.

Optimas used to be the go-to batteries for most off road guys. Now, they're junk. I've had Optimas in the past go bad in less than a year, red and yellow tops. Everyone is going to Odyssey's for "hardcore" batteries.

Good luck, hope you get fixed!!

Comment

Originally posted by jeepntx View Post
                        Could be the batteries. Optimas haven't been near the quality lately as they were in the past. I'd take them to Auto zone and have them tested.

Optimas used to be the go-to batteries for most off road guys. Now, they're junk. I've had Optimas in the past go bad in less than a year, red and yellow tops. Everyone is going to Odyssey's for "hardcore" batteries.

Good luck, hope you get fixed!!
                        Yea I have never had much luck with them either. Havent had any batteries that I could speak well of lately....GM had a great warranty on theres but changed it late last year if i recall correctly

Comment

All Makes Automotive on River Road is where I take mine if I'm in town. They usually get me in and out pretty quick. Whatever you do don't take it to the Ford Dealership. They are the biggest joke in town. I'm in Port A or I would help you out.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                            Hey, like Chew said......let me know if you need some help tomorrow. I am at home in Wimberley and pretty much off tomorrow.

Same here....

Comment

There is a guy out if ranch road 12 that is pretty good. I will have to get the name later. I will PM you my number and I am in town and if you need anything a ride or something give me a call seriously.

Comment

several good folks coming to the rescue.

Nice job gentlemen.

TBH at it's best.

Comment

Working...
                                X