Crop Dusted Mesquites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
    BTW, what kills mesquite? Will it work on privet & sweet gum?
    Sendero and paraquat

Comment

That really stinks.

Had a grumpy old landowner clear half of our pasture one summer. We left and found out later he he was lying about the total acres by a bunch. We paid by the acre

Comment

And I'll bet the landowner waited until y'all were paid up before he killed the no.1 food source on the the pasture too.. What a total crock of BS... I would be livid.. If a refund is not going to happen then I would definitely be pack ratting my stuff to the house during season.. Hunting is very important to me but I would be gone like a freight train by the end of season..
        That's just wrong..

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkins View Post
          Could've also just sprayed for weeds. It will burn the leaves off but they will green back up next year. And he may not spray every year. Will really help the native grasses. If he did spray mesquites, I've never seen a 100% kill. Probably be more 70%. So you'll still have some trees left, I wouldn't be worried about it hurting the hunting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
          Sounds like this is the case.

Heard from our Lease Manager this morning. He talked to Land Owner last night. LO says they sprayed so the grass will grow better for cattle grazing, and no plans to bulldoze anything.

Comment

Hopefully everything will work out for yall!

Comment

Yep, it will be awesome here in about three or four years when it rains again…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty8186 View Post

Heard from our Lease Manager this morning. He talked to Land Owner last night. LO says they sprayed so the grass will grow better for cattle grazing, and no plans to bulldoze anything.
                They did this on one of my old leases. The mesquites would turn yellow for awhile, but come back green.

Comment

It just knocks the leaves off the mesquite but doesn't kill them. They will green up next season.

Comment

Our landowner does this as well, sprays and it kills all the leaves and grass, but everything comes back fine and is greener as well as allows black brush and etc (south Texas) stuff to grow back up and gets thicker as time goes on

Comment

Keep the feed going on your place all year they will stay there as long as they didn’t kill everything and if it has a good water supply!!

Comment

Great news!...well except for a big part of the deer's food supply this summer. But at least it'll be back.

Comment

Bummer!

Comment

Livid

Comment

We are 1 hour Southeast of you. 1200 of our 1800 acres were sprayed after the 3rd year we were on it. Dead as a hammer. Killed most trees on the creek too. It is absolutely ugly as he77 now 10 years later. It made a difference in the deer for sure. They had big plans of clearing it and never happened. Now the under growth of mesquites has come back about 6 foot tall.
                              All that has taken place in our 13 years on the place.

We got an additional 600 acres across the road last year. Beautiful with lots of mesquites and really good hunting.

Fast forward to last week. We like you went to the lease to work.We drove in during darkness. Got up drove across the road to the 600 acres and it looked like a nuclear bomb went off. Sprayed again!!!!!

If we didn't have 700 acres of wheat and oats to draw the deer off the Waggoner when it turns butt numbing cold and they are starving. We would have gotten off years ago.

Sorry it happened!

Only brite spot. You can drive up to any tree and start breaking fire wood for camp or take a truck load home for your BBQ at the house!

Comment

Curious who the lease manager is? pm if you'd rather

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X