Mann Eye Institute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
    Not to argue but I talked to our Air Force optometrist a year or so back and was told that since I'd gone over the "40 line" with regards to age that it's just something I have to deal with. I've had better than 20/20 up until the last few years. Is the "40 line" thing just a crap excuse or do I have to worry about getting lasik done and then slowly going close-up-blurry again in a few years?

God bless and happy hunting.
    Richard.
    Well....I am only 28 (FOREVER!), but I will say that is a crap excuse for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by lodgepole View Post
      I had it done in 2000, cost me $4000 and only lasted 11 years.

Yep, they don’t tell you it’s not permanent. Oh and you can get it re-done but it costs another $4000 and the chance of getting 20/20 is about half of the first time so you may still require glasses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dont know where you got yours at. But,
      They absolutely tell you (at least at MannEye they do) that every patient has its own challenges and they cant guarantee a specific result. But its absolutely better than relying on glasses or contacts. As long as you have enough material on your eye, they can sculpt it to your specific prescription.
      I had astigmatism and was very nearsighted. Went from 20-400 to 20-20.

And touchups are free for 2 years and followup visits are free for 1 year post surgery.

Comment

Originally posted by lodgepole View Post
        I had it done in 2000, cost me $4000 and only lasted 11 years.

Yep, they don’t tell you it’s not permanent. Oh and you can get it re-done but it costs another $4000 and the chance of getting 20/20 is about half of the first time so you may still require glasses.

We do actually let people know it's not permanent. Unfortunately there isn't a type of LASIK out there that is permanent. Also, if you come back 15 years later and need an enhancement, you don't have to pay full price again at Mann Eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
          How does it work for older folks. Say in their mid 60's?
          Hey Stan! Typically in the early-mid 60s patients start to develop some sort of a trace of cataracts so we usually recommend not wasting your money and waiting until you need cataract surgery. However, we just did lasik on a 62 year old a couple weeks ago who had NO trace and he was very successful with his procedure!!! There are no two eyeballs alike!

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post
            Bumping this up. Guess I need to schedule consultation.

I lost my glasses this weekend after taking them off to drag a deer though thick brush and cleaning. Not sure where I lost them.

Went in today for eye exam since I hadn't done it this year anyway

My main issue is astigmatism

My prescription reads
            OD -0.50, cylinder -2.00, axis 096
            OS -0.50, cylinder -2.50, axis 084

Anyone give me a ballpark cost? Know it's different for everyone. Even with insurance I spend $150-200 on average for glasses and they seem to last a year to a year and a half. It would pay for itself eventually
            Hey!! Lasik can definitely help you. These days astigmatism isn't normally an issue unless it's a very irregular type which can be pretty rare. Your numbers are a pretty straight forward case and you would do well. The places that offer custom blade-Free Lasik are usually in the range of $3500-$5000 depending on what laser and technology they offer. Flex and HSA accounts definitely can be applied toward the procedure. Happy new year TBH fam!
            Last edited by Ashley H; 12-28-2017, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
              Go get evaluated. I had been told I was a no go for years because of astigmatism. With all the advances, that is not an issue now. With all the advances, a lot of the past issues are no longer issues.

It was well worth the money for me. I have 20/20 vision now ....something I haven't had in a long time!
              So so happy for you!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X