Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

ground blind-feeder setups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ground blind-feeder setups

lets see some groud blind / feeder set up pics. Trying to get some ideas.

I always love set ups but you know I've never had an issue if I found a good traffic area, took time to brush it in and threw out the kibbles and bits.

What I love about ground hunting in South Texas and having a nice ground blind!

Comment

picture a tennis racket...my blind is part of the pen at the end of the rackets handle. This is pics of my old set up but my new set up is just the same but i cant find the pics. This works great.
      Attached Files

Comment

my favorite blind call Seismic....feedpen circle is 40-50 yards in diameter depending on where you measure

The Coon Ridge blind....I am no longer in this spot as I gave it to a new lease member...

That reminds me...I forgot to get pics of the new finished setup this past weekend.

Last edited by Smart; 05-11-2009, 09:54 AM.

Comment

I like your game-cam stand thats' cool..............

Comment

whats up Jeremy

Comment

Here is one of my ground blinds, its a Primos Vision.
              Attached Files

Comment

Here is my honeyhole. Picture taken from sendero(18 yds) where I put hand thrown corn. Feeder is about 100 yds to the right, just to keep them close.

This was before the fire....I have since put one back just like this one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bowblind-1.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	23885221

Comment

Here is my other permanent blind...same set-up. Christmas Tree blind. Lease Boss makes fun of it. 15 yds to the sendero. Feeder is 60 yrds to the right. I can see it from blind. Sometimes slip out of blind and stalk pigs and javis under it.

Name:	bowhut-2d.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	23885222

Comment

I just pop my blind up in the thickest cover I can find, in the area I have spotted a buck I want to hunt! I like the stationary idea for a ground "bow" blind at a feeder but I dont know what area the big buck will show up at or if he will come to a feeder pen!

I crawl into the thick stuff...cut the base of a bush at ground level! This usually opens up a pretty good sized area! Trim a little if you need...pop up your blind! Then trim out a small area for your shooting window and your hid!

Behind me you can see my shooting window....and thats about all you can see!
                    Attached Files

Comment

If you look close in that tree across the opening of the dry pond, you'll see my tower blind. It's got a double netting surrounding it with shooting holes 2 two spots. This deer later died at this blind. 158 1/8 gross. It's not a feeder. I just chum it.

Name:	L2 at dry pond.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	23885274

Comment

not much, whats up with you j dawg?

Comment

Here's a blind that I had outside one of the Junco protein pens. I was hunting a near 160 10 with split brows. This is typical for the way I hunt. I like to pop-up my blind in brush and cover with netting.

Name:	DSC01430.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	23885346

Name:	DSC01431.JPG
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	23885347

Name:	DSC01432.JPG
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	23885348

Comment

Here's one that is actually a pit-ground blind. I stand in a hole waist deep. Shots are actually at a slight up angle. It's a 2 holer (literally) and I've had people in the blind with me that have taken deer at under 10 yards... average shot is 17 yards. The third shot is a view from inside the blind with my camera set up... control head tripod, external monitor, and wireless mics on hunter and out at the feeder... Makes for some fantastic video.
                            Last edited by SaltwaterSlick; 03-04-2014, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Here's a blind that I set up every year. I'm about 50 yards from a protein pen and I have a pole feeder set up about 15 yards from the blind looking from pic 1. I chum the other holes. I killed a 8 1/2 yo buck out of this stand two years ago. You notice, it's not brushed in. I have it situated in some cacti and I keep miitary netting over it. The light color of the River Bottom camo of the Eastman Carbon Venture blind helps it disappear.

Name:	DSC01427.JPG
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	23885356

Name:	DSC01428.JPG
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	23885357

Name:	DSC01429.JPG
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	23885358

Here's a pic of my pole feeder. It's a directional feeder that throws corn in a line.

Name:	nice buck.jpg
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	23885359

Comment

Working...
                              X