Lets see some bowfishing setups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets see some bowfishing setups

Never bowfished before but want to try. Don't know anything about it. Can you still shoot off the shelf or do you need a rest to accommodate for bowfishing arrows. What kind of fletching? Vanes I would think. I like the Hoyt Dorado around 45#.It would have the reel bushing and a threaded hole for a rest also. Thanks guys.

I am shooting a Quinn recurve I think it is 60 lbs..but it might be 65. Anyway, I am shooting off the shelf, with a retriever bottle. No flech on the arrows, don't really need it. Do use the slides for safety. I don't know if I have a pic....I will go searching.

Comment

Here is a pic from last summer, you can find several threads on bowfishing rigs with a search.
      Attached Files

Comment

i really want to get into this, looks like a blast

Comment

I don't use the slides, I just tie in the back hole. With the slides you can actually shoot the arrow with out having the button pushed on a push button reel. Not good.

Comment

I shoot a browning baracuda and a PSE kingfisher.....both are great for shooting fish.......I use an AMS retriever on mmy PSE and a Zebco 888 on my Baracuda. I use whisker bisquit rests (the ones made for bowfishing) and no fletching on my arrows. since I have witnessed first hand how bad a bounce back can be from an arrow that the string is tied in the back hole, I always use safety slides. I would rather loose an arrow than an eye.......

Baracuda set up

Kingfisher set up

Comment

I use a kingfisher setup. Since my airboat sunk (still need$ new motor) I am begging for rides this year. I got a honeyhole or two...hint hint
              Attached Files

Comment

That ling picture was an accident. (Underwater bowfishing)
                Attached Files

Comment

If you use the push button reels, you will eventually have a bounce back...either from you forgetting, the reel handle turning a little, or something getting tangled. You proabably won't get hurt, but you might.

That is why I like the bottle retrievers and will spend the extra money for them.

I don't tie to the back anymore, because I don't like that string coming across my bow hand and all the way back to anchor. I like that string in front of my riser.

Bowfishing action can be super fast and exciting. I like keeping things as safe as possible...even if it means a little extra work. I might give up a finger for a really big moose or elk...but not a carp

Comment

I don't tie to the back anymore, because I don't like that string coming across my bow hand and all the way back to anchor. I like that string in front of my riser.

Bowfishing action can be super fast and exciting. I like keeping things as safe as possible...even if it means a little extra work. I might give up a finger for a really big moose or elk...but not a carp [/QUOTE]

I agree with Chunky on this one.

Comment

awesome pics

Comment

The problem with Zebco style reels is that when you forget to push the cast button, you say goodbye to a $15 arrow. The retriever reel is the best way to go.

Comment

I like the bottle reels. I have seen tournament guys who all use the synergy reels because of faster retrieve when you are getting a lot of shots.

Comment

Here is my old golden Eagle compound. Bowfishing has given it a 2nd career. I shoot it instinctive with a neoprene glove.

My nephew uses his Browning tornado that he uses for deer hunting as well.

Comment

Man all these pictures are getting my bow fishing blood running full speed ahead!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X