Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2018, 06:51 PM   #1
Saddle Tramp
Eight Point
 
Saddle Tramp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Rockport
Hunt In: Most Public some private
Unhappy Opinion and Advice-Wal-Mart

A month ago Wally had a good deal on a Kayak on-line purchase only. We rent kayaks I checked out the reviews from many sources and this was a good deal. I ordered one on 2/25 with delivery 3/13. We have a 15.5 foot that I decided to sell because we tend to rent smaller ones more often, so I order a second one 2/27 delivery on 3/14.
And of course no shows.
After days of dealing with Tier 2 CS on the phone and many e-mails I get an e-mail from a different department saying pick up my Refund per the Cancellation I requested on order #2. I did not request anything, 30 minutes later I get an e-mail saying order #1 has been shipped but no date on delivery.
There has been many discussions with Wally but what it boils down to they have cost me time, lost rentals and still have $542.18 I have not picked up.
I want to take them to Small claims court.
I feel the refund is just their way trying to walk away clean.
So what do you folks think?
Saddle Tramp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2018, 06:55 PM   #2
IowaHunter
Pope & Young
 
IowaHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Harris County
Hunt In: IA + MA
Default

That your time is worth more than the $542.
IowaHunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2018, 06:56 PM   #3
outlook8
Ten Point
 
outlook8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Houston
Hunt In: TX
Default

Small claims court
outlook8 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2018, 06:56 PM   #4
Lawhunter
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Default

Its gonna cost yo a lot to sue walmart
Lawhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2018, 07:02 PM   #5
twosixteens
Ten Point
 
twosixteens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: North Texas
Hunt In: Young County Mostly
Default

I feel for ya but I think you will be wasting more money and time trying to get anything out of Wal Mart they don’t want to give up
twosixteens is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2018, 07:12 PM   #6
one66stang
Ten Point
 
one66stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Midland, Tx
Hunt In: Big Lake , Tx
Default

If you have the time and energy to do it then get after it. Let us know how it turns out. I'm betting they will no show.
one66stang is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2018, 07:15 PM   #7
texan16
Ten Point
 
texan16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Fairfield
Hunt In: Freestone/Schleicher Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twosixteens View Post
I feel for ya but I think you will be wasting more money and time trying to get anything out of Wal Mart they dont want to give up
x2. Take the refund and roll on. I dont feel its worth your time or effort
texan16 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2018, 07:32 PM   #8
Landrover
Pope & Young
 
Landrover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaHunter View Post
That your time is worth more than the $542.
Yes lawd!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2018, 07:39 PM   #9
mikeyb_23
Ten Point
 
mikeyb_23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: White Settlement, Tx
Hunt In: Pleasanton, Public land
Default

Was it shipped and sold by wamart or was it a 3rd party? You can take your order number to a store and they can track every call and what the walmart.com service is doing to fix the problem.
mikeyb_23 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2018, 07:42 PM   #10
kae006
Ten Point
 
kae006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Comfort, SHNF
Default

I don't think you have any grounds to sue for lost rental. The fact you sold a kayak before receiving the new one would be on you. I can also guarantee they reserve the right to cancel orders and you likely agreed to that before you made your purchase.
kae006 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2018, 08:24 PM   #11
rjtkdplus
Pope & Young
 
rjtkdplus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lockhart
Hunt In: Everywhere I can
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kae006 View Post
I don't think you have any grounds to sue for lost rental. The fact you sold a kayak before receiving the new one would be on you. I can also guarantee they reserve the right to cancel orders and you likely agreed to that before you made your purchase.
Yep.
rjtkdplus is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2018, 08:53 PM   #12
Anythinghunter8
Six Point
 
Anythinghunter8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Flatonia
Hunt In: Flatonia
Default

same thing happen to me and my wife we order motorized car on black Friday for 30.00 regular 300.00 and went back and forth with them and never go a car but got car they gave money back made us mad because we missed out other black Friday car because of them they also sent the email that said we request a refund.
Anythinghunter8 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2018, 09:10 PM   #13
COACH_EM_UP
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Hill Country
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythinghunter8 View Post
same thing happen to me and my wife we order motorized car on black Friday for 30.00 regular 300.00 and went back and forth with them and never go a car but got car they gave money back made us mad because we missed out other black Friday car because of them they also sent the email that said we request a refund.
What did you say?
COACH_EM_UP is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2018, 09:46 PM   #14
175gr7.62
Ten Point
 
175gr7.62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hallsville, TX
Hunt In: Red River County,Harrison County, SW Kansas,
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythinghunter8 View Post
same thing happen to me and my wife we order motorized car on black Friday for 30.00 regular 300.00 and went back and forth with them and never go a car but got car they gave money back made us mad because we missed out other black Friday car because of them they also sent the email that said we request a refund.


Huh??


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
175gr7.62 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2018, 09:47 PM   #15
TP3
Ten Point
 
TP3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Dripping Springs, TX
Hunt In: Hays, Val Verde co
Default

I have read this 3x. ^
It made less sense each time..?
TP3 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2018, 09:51 PM   #16
nursejenn
Pope & Young
 
nursejenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Highly Respected Troublemaker
Hunt In: McCullouch County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythinghunter8 View Post
Same thing happen to me and my wife. We ordered a motorized car on black Friday for 30.00, regular 300.00. We went back and forth with them and never got a car. They gave our money back. It made us mad because we missed out on other black Friday car because of them. They also sent the email that said we request a refund.


Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
What did you say?


Quote:
Originally Posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
Huh??


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Quote:
Originally Posted by TP3 View Post
I have read this 3x. ^
It made less sense each time..?
Fify'all

-Highly Respected since 2014
nursejenn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2018, 09:52 PM   #17
LWD
Ten Point
 
LWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Grapevine
Hunt In: Young County and anywhere else I can
Default

Check the terms and conditions of their website before you hang it out too far. They likely have a damage limitation provision. You might also have a problem claiming lost revenue for something you never had and assuming it would be delivered on time.

LWD
LWD is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2018, 09:57 PM   #18
TreyRo
Ten Point
 
TreyRo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: DFW
Hunt In: Whitney
Default

lol at this whole thread.
TreyRo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2018, 10:33 PM   #19
Anythinghunter8
Six Point
 
Anythinghunter8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Flatonia
Hunt In: Flatonia
Default

same thing happen to me and my wife we order motorized car on black Friday for $30.00 regular $300.00. We had a tracking number and was tracking it. It was on the way to the house. Then she get a email from K mart that's says your refund has been approved, and he did not do anything or want a refund. We call Kmart and they say they don't have anymore in stock and that's why we are getting a refund. But how can this happen if we have tracked the package, we call deliver place and kmart called them and told them to send back to vendor, they let us pick other cars and we would get them for the same price of $30.00 and free shipping and always something happened. The customer service was terrible and it was all over seas people that we talked to, we even record them at time but even that did not help.

Sorry did not proof read post hopefully this one makes more sense! Im not drinkin! im on a boat offshore!
Anythinghunter8 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-27-2018, 06:05 PM   #20
Saddle Tramp
Eight Point
 
Saddle Tramp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Rockport
Hunt In: Most Public some private
Default

Tried to get the refund today had their paper work from their last e-mail with bar code and all paperwork from the beginning. Guess what not in system. And product not carried.
We can't bring up transaction maybe they refunded your card. It was a cash transaction.
So here we go. You can't fix stupid but I guess I get to try.
Saddle Tramp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-28-2018, 07:52 AM   #21
Anythinghunter8
Six Point
 
Anythinghunter8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Flatonia
Hunt In: Flatonia
Default

WOW good luck hope you get your money back
Anythinghunter8 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-28-2018, 08:04 AM   #22
JHT
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Houston
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythinghunter8 View Post
same thing happen to me and my wife we order motorized car on black Friday for $30.00 regular $300.00. We had a tracking number and was tracking it. It was on the way to the house. Then she get a email from K mart that's says your refund has been approved, and he did not do anything or want a refund. We call Kmart and they say they don't have anymore in stock and that's why we are getting a refund. But how can this happen if we have tracked the package, we call deliver place and kmart called them and told them to send back to vendor, they let us pick other cars and we would get them for the same price of $30.00 and free shipping and always something happened. The customer service was terrible and it was all over seas people that we talked to, we even record them at time but even that did not help.

Sorry did not proof read post hopefully this one makes more sense! Im not drinkin! im on a boat offshore!
https://proofreadingpal.com/?gclid=E...iAAEgKZSfD_BwE

Ck this out bro.


JHT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-28-2018, 09:35 AM   #23
White Falcon
Pope & Young
 
White Falcon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Holly Lake Ranch
Hunt In: East Tx. and Anywhere I can!
Default

Small claims court! Don't waste your time!!!
White Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com