TBH BBQers... Brookshire’s pork butts and Kroger's briskets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to start stocking up for BBQs! Deer season and sausage making depleted both my reserves.

Both started today.

Porks butts at Brookshires 97¢ /lb

Kroger briskets $1.77/ lb On edit... Looks like babybacks as well

Last edited by Smart; 03-21-2018, 05:20 PM.

That works

Comment

Heck yeah

Comment

Can’t wait to finish up my pit. I need to stock up so I can break it in when it’s done.

Comment

Guess it’ll have to be the pork butt then. Never know when you may wanna pic up a magazine containing gun content while shopping for bbq meat...

Comment

No Kroger here maybe HEB will price match?

Comment

Good news on the pb’s Haven’t seen at that price up here in a long time

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Pork butts are pretty much pork butts, but I've stopped going cheap on briskets. I would rather pay $2.99/lb for prime brisket at Costco and know I'm going to get a better result. Now, find a great sale on prime then I'm filling the deep freeze.

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
                    Pork butts are pretty much pork butts, but I've stopped going cheap on briskets. I would rather pay $2.99/lb for prime brisket at Costco and know I'm going to get a better result. Now, find a great sale on prime then I'm filling the deep freeze.
                    I here what your saying. I bought some 1.29 and 1.49 briskets last year at Walmart and they just sucked. Although we bought some last year at Albertsons at 1.49 and they were pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Guerrero88 View Post
                      I here what your saying. I bought some 1.29 and 1.49 briskets last year at Walmart and they just sucked. Although we bought some last year at Albertsons at 1.49 and they were pretty good.
                      I've been able to find some good briskets by picking through the sale bin, but lots easier just to decide between a couple of primes.

Comment

Thanks Jason. Our local Kroger's in Brownwood closed their doors. Sure hoping HEB moves in.

Comment

Smart do you keep the pork butts for 10 months or do you make sausage year round

Comment

Thanks Smart

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                              Smart do you keep the pork butts for 10 months or do you make sausage year round

I have kept them for a year just because I bought a lot and didn’t get to use them like normal. But I really try to find pork for sausage during the end of the year or look for January sales for late Jan early Feb sausage knowing it gonna be up all year in the freezer as I use it. But after sausage season I start stocking up on PBs and briskets for BBQ during the summer, for lease work trips, our South Texas dove lease trip, Christmas or during deer season.
                              Last edited by Smart; 03-21-2018, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X