Crossbow questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crossbow questions

My buddy just bought a Barnett quad 400. He said at 30 yards he got 3" penetration with his bolt. Is this right or does it need to be tuned. This was his first time shooting it.

Originally posted by ryno77 View Post
    My buddy just bought a Barnett quad 400. He said at 30 yards he got 3" penetration with his bolt. Is this right or does it need to be tuned. This was his first time shooting it.
    3" penetration into what?

Comment

A target, sorry should have stated that. He's not satisfied with that and worried about shooting a deer. I've never shot one so I'm looking for info.

Comment

Bag? Block? What kind.....ive got a quad and its great

Comment

A target, sorry should have stated that. He's not satisfied with that and worried about shooting a deer. I've never shot one so I'm looking for info.
          What type of target?

Comment

How far does a arrow go into it from same distance?

Comment

Block target. Like I said this was his first time shooting it. He was using field points. This is all the info I have.

Comment

I have a quad 400 and a bag target stops it very well but it blows through cheaper foam targets

Comment

No its not normal. I know I am gonna catch Heck for saying this but I cringe every time I read about a barnett but I know a budget is a budget. There are quite a few that have had good luck with them. To my knowledge xbows cannot be tuned.

Comment

Block target. Like I said this was his first time shooting it. He was using field points. This is all the info I have.
                    I've got a Barnett Wildcat C5 and use a Hurricane bag target rated for Xbows and I get more penetration than that at 30yds. That said, the Quad is faster than mine so I would think would penetrate a little deeper...but IDK. There could be other variables as to the quality of block target???

Comment

We are going to need to know the Target, down to the model number or picture.

I have a block target and can bury my arrows up to the fletchings.

I have a rhinehart(sp) that only penetrates about 6"

I have a bag target that has something in it that prevents wear and my arrows only penetrate about 2-3".

All with the same arrows and same bow.

Comment

Make sure the field tips are the same diameter of the shaft...if they are smaller than the diameter of the bolt shaft, there will be a little ridge at the front of the shaft outside the edge of the field tip, and the bolt will stop without penetrating as far as you think they should.

Comment

I have the original block I shoot a Carbon Express and it penetrates all the way to the fletching

Comment

Working...
                          X