No announcement yet.

...Like a hooker in a churchhouse.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just the opposite. I like the heat and hate the cold. I was able to work on my camper and on my Harley in the garage and while I sweated, the heat really helped free up my joints and allowed me to get more work done with less pain.

Comment

May-early June is always the hardest months for me. Once I get accustomed to working out in the heat, I can tolerate it. But I still hate Texas summers. 5-6 months of sweating every time I walk outside gets really old.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
        I'm just the opposite. I like the heat and hate the cold.
        Agreed. Y'all take my share of the cold. Loves me some heat.

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
          Man once you get hot or heat stroke it’s harder to tolerate it.
          I got drunk in a hot tub all day about 6 summers ago and think I over heated. Ever since then I can’t mess with the heat like a used to.

This is true.

The first time I got heat exhaustion was when I had to manually mount sixteen 22.5” tires by hand in 100 degree weather. It took a day to get over it and be back to normal.

The second time was working in a mechanic shop and pushing myself too hard in 2010. It took almost a week to get over it.

The last time I had it was the summer of 2011. My tool box was 20’ away from direct sun light, but my infrared thermometer showed that it was 116 degrees on the side of my box. I left the emergency room feeling as bad if not worse than I did when I went in. It took 2 weeks to get over it and the doc warned that next time might be heat stroke instead of heat exhaustion.

This morning I started pulling weeds at 6:30 in the morning. By the time the sun came out I was drenched with sweat and had to call it a day. Some things are really nice about getting older. This is not one of them.

Comment

Working...
          X