No announcement yet.

Is this xbow worth the money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought this for my wife and daughter a couple years ago.

It is really fast, very accurate and quiet for a crossbow.

Comment

It’s a great crossbow. My 8 year old son has been shooting it since last Christmas. It is fast, accurate, and surprisingly quite for a bow that fast.

The hand guard is adequate, with proper training and supervision there are no safety concerns. I can see where a person could get excited and get their hand in the wrong place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

For the money it’s one of the best.

Comment

Originally posted by cuttingedge View Post
          First of all, I didn't say "This is GOD!!! You must think like me!

I offered my 2 cent's worth, an opinion. This is from the advertisement for the bow in question copied directly:

RECOMMENDED FOR ADULT USE ONLY. MISUSE OR CARELESS USE MAY RESULT IN SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH. READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING. ALWAYS KEEP HAND, THUMB AND FINGERS BELOW FLIGHT TRACK. FAILURE TO DO SO MAY CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY.

Tenpoint, Barnett, The New Hortons, Raven, to name a few with effectively full length finger guards. You want to see them, you look them up.

I was offering my input (opinion) from my point of view placing the priority on shooter safety, especially since the bow is for a kid. If the shooter makes a mistake in the heat of the moment, and places his/her hand on the underside of the rail, missing the fairly short section of "handguard", the fingers can be removed permanently by the string impacting them at an incredible rate of speed. I personally don't put a dollar value on a kid's safety. There are much safer crossbows by design. That is my point.

I have noticed lately here it is becoming more like that big archery forum, where, when you try to offer some help or answer a question, you get jumped on. This place didn't used to be like that.
          Ravin recalled their nocks. It seems they have had a few accidental discharges.
          Last I read there were 44 hand injuries.

Comment

I appreciate all the feedback. I picked up the centerpoint, de-cocking bolt and a shooting stick this morning.
            Thanks!

Comment

Good luck and have fun shooting with your son!!

Comment

He’s stacking bolts!

-------------------------------
                Violence never settles anything
                -Genghis Kahn

Comment

I am a firm believer in Excalibur. And, I have owned four of the very top brands. But, screw all that. To teach and show someone new what a xbow can do if they fail to use it safely.... buy one hot dog, stick it about two inches above the cable slide, and fire xbow. This usually gets their focus and attention.

Comment

My Dad got my Mom the Snyper for Christmas. I put it together and helped sight it in. I was impressed. Fast and a lot quieter than my cheapo. Less than $250 otd. Has a long trigger pull but shot good.

Comment

Glad you and your boy likes it.

I bought this exact xbow for my girlfriend for Christmas after lots of searching and reviewing. I plan to shoot it and sight it in tomorrow. I hope it’s as good as everyone says.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm not an X-bow guy but after tearing a rotator cuff just before season opener I decided to get one. My shoulder is better now but I'll hold on to the X-bow for a "just in case" back-up. A buddy bought a Barnett recurve X-bow for his daughter years ago and its been stacking deer and hogs every year. Cheap bows still work.

Comment

Working...
                        X