How many practice with just broadheads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many practice with just broadheads?

I know when I shoot my Truth II I only shoot broadheads.

Since I really enjoy shooting 3D with my recurve I practice a lot with field points.

the only time I practice with BH's is if I'm trying some I've never shot before.

Comment

I only shoot broad heads a few times to make sure they fly like my field points.

Comment

I do 90% with field points, but the last few days before a hunt, and while hunting....broadheads.

Comment

I shoot mainly just field points after my initial tuning process.

My initial setup on any bow/arrow combination is to insure that all of my arrows shoot the same with field point, or broadheads on bare shafts.

Once you do that, you have no need to be concerned about broadhead flight as long as you don't change broadheads, and then it is back to square one.

When you see me shooting at the shoots, I am shooting exactly the same thing I would be hunting with minus the broadheads, but if I were shooting broadheads you would not be able to tell the difference, except for a slice instead of a hole in the target.

Comment

If your bow is tunes, there is no reason to shoot a lot of broadheads. They should hit the same at most ranges.

Comment

Heads just before and during a hunt.

Comment

I make sure my broadhead arrows and fieldpoint arrows fly equally. That way it doesn't matter. But, I do test my broadheads regularly to make sure they stay hunt worthy.

Comment

Always. Keeps everything the same.

Comment

What Chunky said ...

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
                      When you see me shooting at the shoots, I am shooting exactly the same thing I would be hunting with minus the broadheads, but if I were shooting broadheads you would not be able to tell the difference, except for a slice instead of a hole in the target.
                      This is what I'm talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
                        I shoot mainly just field points after my initial tuning process.

My initial setup on any bow/arrow combination is to insure that all of my arrows shoot the same with field point, or broadheads on bare shafts.

Once you do that, you have no need to be concerned about broadhead flight as long as you don't change broadheads, and then it is back to square one.

Good stuff Rick.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunky View Post
                          I do 90% with field points, but the last few days before a hunt, and while hunting....broadheads.
                          Ditto for me.

Comment

Shoot my hunting bow (only bow) all the time. Field points and broadheads hit about the same.

Comment

Working...
                            X