X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

401k....dont look today

HOLY CRAP!!!!!

Coronavirus......or some other issue

Funny how a few months ago...The Chinese were protesting for democracy and BAM....thats gone..people are quarantined and off the streets.....

Dont retire today

1,000 points on the Dow is only 3.5% these days. That's a large move for one day, but it certainly won't kill anyone's retirement plans.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
      1,000 points on the Dow is only 3.5% these days. That's a large move for one day, but it certainly won't kill anyone's retirement plans.
      I was being facetious ....sp?

Comment

Back in the day seemed like markets moved 3% regularly. Or at least a lot more than over the last 10 years.

Wait for a -8% day. If buyers don't step in markets could get ugly this week. We actually need a correction IMO.. Get it over with already.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
          I was being facetious ....sp?
          Gotcha.

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
          Back in the day seemed like markets moved 3% regularly. Or at least a lot more than over the last 10 years.

Wait for a -8% day. If buyers don't step in markets could get ugly this week. We actually need a correction IMO.. Get it over with already.
          3% moves either direction in 1 day have never been common. Most days see moves of less than .5%. But in the average year there are 4 dips of at least 5% (not necessarily in one day) and 1 decline that is between 10-20% off the highs (a "correction"). I think we're currently down a little over 5% off the recent highs, after today's move.

Comment

I hate "red ink"...

Comment

I'm thinking that if Europe doesn't start to cap new virus cases soon, we could see a 10% haircut on the overall market. Still a long way to go before that, obviously, and I'm not saying I expect it. But many 401ers seem to be panicking because they think stock valuations can only go up, not down. Short memory syndrome.

Comment

It'll be up 2,000 points tomorrow

Comment

Just don't sell today!

Comment

One of our biggest customers is paying dearly because of the coronavirus. We are quoting parts we haven't done since the early 2000's because they started importing from China. They were getting finished parts shipped from overseas cheaper than we can buy material! It's crazy but temporary.

Comment

Market would have taken any excuse to sell off being that it has been oversold for a while. Boy have they got an excuse, if the virus don't kill it the panic will. I hear the Fed is screaming rate cut but I personally do not think they have room to cut rates enough to make a difference. They did this to themselves by cutting rates in a robust economy. Now we get to witness financial magic as the institutions short the market as it goes down effectively turning your 401K into their bonus.

Comment

I looked at mine and I lost 5k yesterday. Good thing is I am not retiring anytime soon. So I won't worry about it much other than shake my head.

Comment

Au, taint nuthin

Comment

Give it a couple more days.. will get a lot worse IMO

Comment

I’m 20+ years away so I’m not even looking!

Comment

Working...
                              X