My first weekend to hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first weekend to hunt

Well, I haven't hunted all year. Having 3 little ones has definitely slowed my roll, coupled with work, and other family commitments. My oldest daughter finally showed a little interest, or at least no resistance to a weekend at the ranch. We were going to leave Thursday after a school event of hers, and get there late, but my wife begged me not to due to the weather. I obliged after much resistance and stayed. I'm super glad I did as I got to see all 3 kids see snow and play in it for the first time. We had a great time, great weekend, and got to fling a few arrows. She just watched this trip. She needs to practice shooting a rifle some before she shoots. Maybe she will be Interested now. She said she had a good time and wants to go back. SCORE!!!! That means more trips for me in the future. We killed 2 mgmt bucks on one hunt, and I shot another one that I never found. I looked around my bow and didn't hit him great, and he left in the direction of the truck so we certainly bumped him on our way out of the blind. I couldn't walk way around with her so it is what it is. As a group of 5 we killed 23 animals, all culls. Cut the heads off for cwd testing and donated the meat.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sounds fun

Comment

Working...
    X