Colonoscopy tomorrow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colonoscopy tomorrow.

I read the thread about getting screened so I figured I should get one.
    It is Sunday with playoff football today and I am realizing what a bad decision I made with my scheduling.
    No alcohol no food to speak of unless you consider broth, Jello and popsicles as food.
    I am just getting started and I am already cranky after having to drink a big bottle of some crap that was on the list of things I have to drink today.
    Gonna be a long day and by the way my procedure isn't until 11 tomorrow so it will be a long morning tomorrow as well.
    Ugh!

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

My last full time job was facilities tech at Baylor Scott and White. Several times a month I was in the Chemo unit working. Said a prayer for those folks every time I went in there. Some would do needle work, some would read, others seemed to be lost in their thoughts. Trust me on this. You made the right choice. My next one is in 2.5 years. Will be 67 then. Having said that I realize how addicted I am to my morning coffee! Sad but true.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
      My last full time job was facilities tech at Baylor Scott and White. Several times a month I was in the Chemo unit working. Said a prayer for those folks every time I went in there. Some would do needle work, some would read, others seemed to be lost in their thoughts. Trust me on this. You made the right choice. My next one is in 2.5 years. Will be 67 then. Having said that I realize how addicted I am to my morning coffee! Sad but true.
      Fortunately coffee and tea is on list of thing I can drink today. I'm on my 4th cup and just started another pot.

Comment

Seems you are starting your prep pretty early!

Comment

I feel ur pain. Good luck in the morning.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
            Seems you are starting your prep pretty early!
            That is exactly what I thought as well and I truly thought about throwing down on a big *** Texas sized breakfast but I am following their directions to a T so they don't come back and say they weren't able to effectively do the screening and will need to do it again.

Comment

The prep is the worst part. Once the procedure starts it’s over In about 20 minutes. Wake up and fart a couple of times and your good to go!

Comment

Good for you for getting this done. Just had a colleague get diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer.

Comment

Two things. Schedule your procedure next time as early as possible even if you have to push the date. By this afternoon your troubles will all be behind you !

Comment

Are you getting roses or candy from the Dr.? I don't like drinking that crap!
                    Well worth the prep!

Comment

What helped me the most, 24 hrs. Before I started my prep liquid, All I had was chicken broth( seasoned with Ragin Blaze) and crackers.

When I started the prep, honestly, I had maybe 45-60 minutes of seat time, over 10-12 hours. This is with both small bottles of prep. Wasn’t near as bad as folks make it to be.

After the procedure, resist the urge to “ pig out”. You will get full quickly and waste good food.

Prayers for a good outcome, and good on you for getting it done.

Comment

Originally posted by BayouCat View Post
                        Good for you for getting this done. Just had a colleague get diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer.
                        I said a prayer for you colleague. Just curious as to old is he/her.

Comment

Having my 3rd one next Friday at the Ft. Worth VA. Lost my virginity about 10 years ago. No big deal now unless they find and cut out something. I suffer from Diverticulitis so I have to get violated every 3 to 5 years now.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
                            What helped me the most, 24 hrs. Before I started my prep liquid, All I had was chicken broth( seasoned with Ragin Blaze) and crackers.

When I started the prep, honestly, I had maybe 45-60 minutes of seat time, over 10-12 hours. This is with both small bottles of prep. Wasn’t near as bad as folks make it to be.

After the procedure, resist the urge to “ pig out”. You will get full quickly and waste good food.

Prayers for a good outcome, and good on you for getting it done.
                            Thanks for the prayers Buckshot

So last night I had a large bowl of chili as my last meal. The chili needed to be eaten plus it was cold and I love chili and after I made that big bowl there wasn't much left so I ended up finishing it off.
                            I drank the first bottle at 8 and I have had to walk down the hall to that small room 3 times already.
                            Yeah, no chili as my last meal next time...laughing at myself right now.

Comment

Thanks, ntx

Late 30s. When I read up on it, that's pretty young to get it. However, if it's in a person's family or you have symptoms, etc., getting a colonoscopy can save your life.

Comment

Working...
                              X