Duck stamp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duck stamp?

It has been a while since I have duck hunted. In the past years I had purchased my stamps at the post office.

Went to the post office today and asked for a duck stamp. The lady looked at me like I had asked her the question in Chinese.

When did the post office stop selling duck stamps?

It has been a few years. Buy at your local sporting goods store and they will mail it to you within a few weeks.

Probably gone up since you last bought one also. Now $25.

Select POs have them, but good luck finding that list.
    Last edited by captainsling; 09-05-2019, 03:02 PM.

Comment

At least 3 years ago. Buy on line. Your e receipt is suffice until it arrives in the mail.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
        At least 3 years ago. Buy on line. Your e receipt is suffice until it arrives in the mail.

Gary
        I could be mistaken, but I'm fairly certain I have bought my waterfowl stamp from a Post Office the past 7-8 years straight.

Comment

I just order mine online with the license and get the sandhill crane permit attached.

Comment

been years since I got one from the post office. I pay for it at Academy when I get my super combo and TPWD mails it to me.

Comment

Originally posted by switchbackxt View Post
              It has been a while since I have duck hunted. In the past years I had purchased my stamps at the post office.

Went to the post office today and asked for a duck stamp. The lady looked at me like I had asked her the question in Chinese.

When did the post office stop selling duck stamps?
              Several years ago. You have to buy it at license vendor, and it is then mailed to you

Comment

I just pay for it in aug when I buy another super combo lic...my stamp came in the mail yesterday. Not sure how long the've been out.

I would think some of the main post offices would still have them available & will ask.

Comment

I’ve found most the time the PO doesn’t realize they have them until you explain to them what you are wanting and what they need to be looking for when you ask.

Comment

Some PO have them some don’t. For instance in Waco, only the main PO has them. I have bought mine there the last several years as they actually just hand you the stamp, but this year I got mine at Academy with my super combo and it took less than a week to get to me.

Comment

Just went online and purchased. Not fan of the $5.00 administration fee.

Comment

Anahuac still sells em

Comment

Most the main post offices carry them.. I buy mine at the post office every year and I get it in hand. I don’t have to wait for it and I don’t have to pay the extra 2.50 for the local sporting goods store “processing” fee

Comment

Originally posted by buxNdux View Post
                            Most the main post offices carry them.. I buy mine at the post office every year and I get it in hand. I don’t have to wait for it and I don’t have to pay the extra 2.50 for the local sporting goods store “processing” fee
                            This.........TPWD charges $3.50 extra for them to mail it to you. Nope. I'll go to the post office by my house.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

I get mine at the post office as I like the fact they give it to me right there, and can put the stamp on my license right away.

I will however say that there have been times I've had to explain exactly what I need as one time the lady handed me a book of stamps with duck pictures on them lol

Comment

Working...
                              X