Home weather stations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home weather stations

Interested in geeking out on a new weather station for the house.. please school away.

Or should I just use a weather app on my phone and call that close enough??

Anyone??

Comment

a few years back, I used my AmEx bonus points and purchased one on Amazon. Don't have a clue what brand it is but I just did a search on Amazon for weather stations... This one has Wi-Fi and can be connected to Weather Underground (but I have not done it). It has a station outside that I mounted on a pole 20 feet in the air in the back yard. The read out is in the house plus there's a small sensor inside the house as well... It displays and records all the same stuff that the weatherman tells us about on TV. It's pretty cool... When Harvey hit, it recorded 53.07" of rain for the whole event... At the height of the storm, it was raining at a rate of as high as 8"/hour... pretty cool to go back and look at all the data it saves... It runs on rechargeable AA batteries and a solar cell built into the outside unit. the inside display is 110V and just plugs into the wall...

Comment

following

Comment

I'm interested since I have internet at my ranch. It would be nice to track rain wind and temp there while I'm at work.

Comment

We use one because we live in the country. Our temp is usually 5 degrees lower than the Weather channel temp listed for Abilene; our nearest city. This is really important to us in the winter. If they say Abilene will be 35 degrees, we will be 30 or even lower and have to prepare for a freeze. The only reason we know is because of our weather station, which I can check from work using the Weather Underground app our station is logged onto. Can't do that with a back porch thermometer. Also gives wind speed and direction, which is often different than the city forecast and can affect hunting.

Comment

I use the Weather Rock.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by peterp63 View Post
                Interested in geeking out on a new weather station for the house.. please school away.

Or should I just use a weather app on my phone and call that close enough??
                I have a Accu Rite at the ranch.I'd say it is directionally correct and good enough for me. At least I know when it rains and directionally how much.

Comment

We have had an acurite for the last year or so that does rain, wind direction, speed etc. It has done well. The only issue seems to be that it picks up heat from the metal roof so the high temp can be off at times. Rain rates seem to be dead on.

Comment

I have had this ambient weather station for over a year and I have really liked it. Only issue I have had is the humidity % isn’t reading correctly. I also have it tied into my Rachio Smart controller for watering the yard.

Comment

Originally posted by Codypatt1 View Post
                      I have had this ambient weather station for over a year and I have really liked it. Only issue I have had is the humidity % isn’t reading correctly. I also have it tied into my Rachio Smart controller for watering the yard.

I've got this one too, had it about a year and a half. Works like a champ!

Comment

Davis Instruments are known for their weather stations. I have 2 friends that fly planes and use DI products to help determine when it's safe to fly

search the web for what model is best for your application and pocketbook

AcuRite , Ambient Weather, and DI are just a few companies to check out

https://www.amazon.com/Ambient-Weath...G3XH633EGNQ77D
                        Last edited by Cajun Blake; 08-27-2019, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X