Port aransas? Who has been? Where to stay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Port aransas? Who has been? Where to stay

My wife kind of wants to go and take the kids next weekend on a last minute summer getaway.

What does the GS say?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

A cabin over hotel or condos. Double Barr are good no frills beach cabins.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Will be crowded, summer break ends soon. Better do some checking and see if any condos are available.

Comment

You will be hard pressed to find a room, this close to school.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
          A cabin over hotel or condos. Double Barr are good no frills beach cabins.

He might find a cabin, they are better for sure.

Comment

Try Beachcomber rentals, we stay in the SeaMist every year. 2 weeks ago they had rooms available during the week, but filled up Thur night thru Sat.

Comment

Try Trout Street Condos. we stayed there a couple weeks ago and it was great. They have 2 small condos and one large one, and for the 3 nights we stayed we were the only tenants. Another plus is that Trout Street Grill is right down the steps.

Comment

Ugh. I'm not into crowds. I was hoping people would be home resting getting ready for school to start, but forgot my kids go back earlier than most.

Is this a good place to go, or is there another recommendation?

Comment

Everything near water will be crowded. Maybe a cabin at Richland Chambers or something like that.

Comment

It's a good family place to go. Plenty of things to do and places to go. I find it more enjoyable to rent a golfcart to cruise around on. If you run out of things to do you can run over to schlitterbahn for the day, as it's right down the road.

Comment

we love Port A - have been twice this summer

We stayed at a house in Village Walk on S 11th St and rented a golf cart to use to run around town and back and forth to the beach.

Comment

Originally posted by silencer2011 View Post
                        Try Trout Street Condos. we stayed there a couple weeks ago and it was great. They have 2 small condos and one large one, and for the 3 nights we stayed we were the only tenants. Another plus is that Trout Street Grill is right down the steps.
                        Oh yeah. That's a great location. Walk to several bars and restaurants.

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
                          Ugh. I'm not into crowds. I was hoping people would be home resting getting ready for school to start, but forgot my kids go back earlier than most.

Is this a good place to go, or is there another recommendation?

Try North Padre. See if you can find a room or Airbnb. Drive 5-10 miles down PINS. No crowds.

Comment

Tons of houses in Port A on VRBO.

Comment

The kids will enjoy this room, we have stayed in it before. It is a 3 minute walk to the beach, has a complete kitchen and washer and dryer. It is a nice property not luxurious but nicer than a hotel and it has some rooms available.

Comment

Working...
                              X