No announcement yet.

Python huntin in Florida. Ever been?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do it! This could turn into the best live hunt ever.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
      If we went down there and treated the land like it was our own they'd be like...."Alright this is gettin stupid. Y'all need to go back to Oklahoma."

All I can picture is haulin butt through the everglades, hogs,snakes,iguanas,empty beer cans and shotgun shells all over the bottom of the air boat.LOL
      You don’t want empty beer cans in the bottom of an airboat, believe me. Lol

Comment

I’ll go with you!! Let’s figure this out!!

Comment

From what was recently printed the Iguana are overrunning south Florida, they have asked home owners to kill them in their yards with rake and yard tools. The best bet is high powered air rifles. From what i have read pythons and Boas are a little more challenging, hunt at night when temp is right.
          Never been have read a lot of articales on the invasive down there.
          Do your research before hand, a lot of the glades is now privately owned

Comment

I'd go fish for peacock bass also

Comment

I'd go in a heartbeat! I have seen guys eat those Iguanas also...really do taste like chicken...ish...You can kill those lizards with a pellet gun also, quiet and effective!

Comment

I’d love to go, but I don’t think my employer would let me have off as much as I’d like! Maybe when I retire

Comment

Well heck there's a lot of guys here that'd go. Maybe we should turn this into a tbh trip. None of your wives know me so they probably won't be overly concerned about your safety.

I'm just telling you before this thing even gets started, I'm catching or killin anything that moves down there. If it's legal to get it's gettin got. I might come back with no fingers.....I might not come back.lol.....You just never know. If you see me packing a 5 gallon bucket you know venomous snakes are gonna be involved.

They have Eastern Diamondbacks down there and if I see one he's gettin caught.
                  Last edited by okrattler; 07-15-2019, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Just use caution where you lay your head those Python's or constrictor will squeeze the Shetzz out of you literally. May be able to do some trade hunting with those Florida Sawmp boys. Check out Invasive Species in Florida.. Got to have pictures

Comment

I asked one of my buddies if he wanted to go to Florida to take care of a snake problem. He said "No and you probably shouldn't either. You'll end up grabbing a Gator and then there will be a real problem."

Comment

Shooting iguanas with an air gun would be cool. I was thinking 12 gauge loaded with #4 buckshot or BB would be about as good of a weapon choice as any. But then again I don't know if there's any rules that say what type of ammunition you can or can't use. I haven't went that in depth yet. I'll grab a python that's no problem. But when they get into the 16 or 17 foot range I ain't so sure who would be getting who in that situation. I expect to get bit but I don't think a big snake like that should do it more than once.

Comment

Originally posted by stevieray54 View Post
                          Just use caution where you lay your head those Python's or constrictor will squeeze the Shetzz out of you literally. May be able to do some trade hunting with those Florida Sawmp boys. Check out Invasive Species in Florida.. Got to have pictures
                          Friend of mine owned a pet store and kennel for dangerous pets, Tigers, lions, over sized pythons..ect.

He had 8" knives placed in every creck&corner of his shop. He said you never know when one of the big pythons would get loose or get the advantage when feeding them. The knives were used to cut free.

Comment

Me and a buddy went a couple months ago!! It was pretty dry and before the rainy season. We hunted 2 nights and only caught 4 pythons. Biggest o e being a little under 8 feet long. It was a BLAST!! We’re going again next year but later in the summer when they’re getting some rains.

Comment

This sounds like blast. Any of y’all watch “Guardians of the Glades”?

Comment

We could get a group together for reptile hunting and Peacock bass fishing. Wonder what type boots you could have made

Comment

Working...
                                X