No announcement yet.

Buying a skid steer: Tracks or wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember it’s not just the tracks themselves, idlers, sprockets and rollers.

Comment

I work on kubota machines and we sell the heck out of track’s, especially svl95-2 machines. tracks hold up really well just really depends on what you are working in

Comment

Only time I wished I had my tire machine over the track is working around and on large rocks. Which has been only once.

Comment

I have a lot of seat time on these machines doing all kinds of work in all conditions, some extreme stuff. Have used nothing but tracks for a long time now and won't use one with wheels. You can simply do a lot more with tracks.

Comment

Like all the others have said, Tracks. No comparison. It will also be much easier for you to sell later on

Comment

I appreciate all the good feedback. I’m going to price some track loaders and see how good of a deal I can find. Just wanting something with ~500-700 hours and that won’t cost me $35K+.

Comment

As mentioned Tracks and don't look back

Comment

No doubt TRACKs. Don't even consider tires.

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
                    Like all the others have said, Tracks. No comparison. It will also be much easier for you to sell later on
                    100% agree

Comment

Tracks if you got the $. Also check the hydraulics for high v. Low flow based on ur needs now or in future on implements. Great machines either way.

Comment

Do you work mostly on concrete or dirt? Tires spin in the dirt

Comment

Not to hijack but I work on extremely big flint and river rocks Tires are tracks? Just curious.

Comment

Agree with TKC. If you go tires, have them foam filled. My S185 works well in the Sacramento Mtns with tires, but would probably be tearing up pasture in Hill County.

Comment

We went with foam filled tires on our new Cat. The sharp hill country limestone tears the rubber tracks up quick and we didn’t want metal tracks. So far so good. Any where else and we would prefer rubber tracks.

Comment

Honestly, I dont have a clue.

Comment

Working...
                                X