Out of curiosity; Kill Vs. Harvest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bowfishtank401 View Post
    I say harvest because, I am harvesting one of gods bountiful creature he has so graciously presented me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    So you killed it.

Comment

I remember a few weeks ago a post titled "Put down the Kombucha and pick up a crossbow," and everyone seemed to be in agreement that "we need more hunters," which was said quite a few times.

With that said, the verb "Harvest," is defined as: 1.a) To gather a crop. And 1.b) to gather, catch, hunt, or kill (salmon, oysters, deer, etc.) for human use, sport, or population control.

I think it's perfectly fine using either as the two are interchangeable. I prefer kill, but when I came to work passing out hunter's sticks to those who had never tried venison (Life in the city :/ ...) they would ask me where I bought them. My response was "I harvested three deer last month and had them processed." It just comes off better to those liberal ears rather than what actually happened: "Well I was the cause of a complete bloodbath as I slaughtered multiple deer. Their bodies were laying around the field like it was D-day. But don't worry, I let the smaller deer with less than 13" antlers mourn their loss."

Comment

I usually just shoot or miss animals. However, if you'd like to invite me out to hunt your place so I can _ kill or _ harvest something there's a good chance you may sell me on your preferred verbiage.

Comment

Say it however you like. Your right to do so is protected by the constitution of the United States of America. I guess if your hunting outside the USA you might have to check with the locals

Comment

Originally posted by venado View Post
            Pretentious: attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed.

I personally see no basis for that so I wonder what brought on that judgement call?
            You quoted the definition, great! Your bolded words seem to highlight my point exactly. He is churching it up and putting himself on a pedestal.
            Last edited by Grizz83; 01-17-2019, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Wow

Last deer I killed, called my wife and told her I got a fat doe and to call my brother and let him know I’m headed over (our gambrel rig and table is set up I. His garage )
              That said, I say I got one

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                Same as me except I don't harvest them I just load them into the truck.
                Bingo

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
                  You quoted the definition, great! Your bolded words seem to highlight my point exactly. He is churching it up and putting himself on a pedestal.
                  Knowing english is a pretty low bar for a pedestal.

Comment

I belive harvesting in the hunting world is to cull animals that have no potential to become mature trophy animals within the gene pool or to go on a high fence ranch that has feeders going all year long. To kill or hunt is to go to a area where the animals have never contacted humans or where the animal are not baited and skilled in the evasion of predators. I also don't like the word killing in regards to hunters because it gives us the rap of being remorseless killer that have no regard to the animals we kill, harvest, cull or hunt. It is very important to keep good public relations because the fait of hunter and fishing being legal or not is up the the voters and the majority of the population does not hunt or fish therefore have a lack of knowledge of it and us saying "oh yeah I killed 2 deer and a bear last year it was so fun" it takes away from the humble appearance that most Hunters portray. with out that they will just see us and a bunch of remorseless Trophy Hunters that have no regard for wildlife at all even though it's a quite the opposite, not that being said I use kill, hunt, cull and harvest all Universal even though technically the way people interpret it will have different meanings , you may not agree with me but keeping good public relations with people non-hunters and Hunters alike is important.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

So do yall take a dump or leave a dump?

Some good readin in this thread.

Comment

Working...
                      X