2b Hunting in Avery TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2b Hunting in Avery TX

Anyone been here! I am booked for a hunt there this march with my dad!

No body even ever heard of this place?????

Comment

It is fairly easy to get a pig. Not a big place but thick. Be prepared for fireants like you've never seen. We didnt have blood trails just ant trails. The ants would swarm to the blood and you could follow the trail of them to the pig. You will get a shot a pig though. Only one water hole that I remember so dont overlook that. Every pig in the place came there at some point. Have fun,Brads a good guy.

Comment

I have been twice. It is gun and bow. Like most places that offers gun and bow, they have a tendecy to cater to the gun hunter. The bow blinds are too close to the stands and are open platforms. I would suggest bringing a bow blind. It is extremely thick cover. Finding a hog can be very difficult. Getting a second shot on a wounded hog is next to impossible. It is a far better gun hunt than bow hunt. One thing I can say is that Brian always kept a lot of hogs on his place when we were there.

Comment

Thanks guys are there many large hogs ? What size should I look for when I am there in 2 weeks???

Comment

He had some in the 150 to 200 lb range. If you get a chance at a big boar shoot low or try to get a quartering away shot. They have thick shields. It is easy to lose one there.

Comment

will be there in 8 days! Should have plentyo pics

Comment

hunting monday decided to bring the TC cant wait!!!!!!!

Comment

I have taken several hogs there. Nice little cabin. Brian is a nice guy.

I agree with the fire ant comment. I followed the fire ant trail to a couple of my hogs.

Comment

I talked too them last night and they basicaly told me to leave the bow at the house???????

I REALLY PREFER MY BOW to my rifle but they were very persistant in letting me know they got a bunch of jumpy hogs and most of them are over 150 right now. Sense they are too spooked to come to feeders it is gonna be spot and stalk with that being said I decided to bring th TC 30.06 along for the ride Got some bear loads made up so should have a blast. Will post up complete story with pics of the ranch cabin and hopefully kills.

Comment

you wont have a problem with your bow. i have been there 4 times and there are TONS of hogs... not very challenging at all but a great place for a weekend or to get someone envolved in hunting. Brian and his son will do anything possible to get you a hog. my last was 233 lbs out there with pretty good cutters.

Comment

How did your hunt turn out?

Comment

I will get some pics up soon had a blast great ranch bringing the bow next time though!

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

biguns we killed

[IMG][/IMG]

Meat pigs

[IMG][/IMG]

Ranch house

Comment

Great Place To Go Kill Some Pork

Great Hog Hunt. Brian makes it fun and knows how to put you on them the Ranch is just under 100 acres but its super thick! Hogs are all over this thing and they are plenty wild! This is not a difficult hunt but its really a fun one.Brian doesnt mix parties so its you and whoever you bring. You only pay for what you kill or wound as Brian (the owner) got burned too many times on hunts and decided to open his own place were you come to hang out have a good time and get a shot. I will definatly be heading back there ASAP for some fun pork! I would strongly recomend this for a new hunter as there will be chances. Me and my Dad had a blast and took all 4 of our porkers on the ground. Shots are for the most part REAL CLOSE. However my DAD got one out in the open at around 130-150.

This Hunt cost me 300$ I got 2 hogs one was under a 100 pounds the other was over COSTIN 225$ for both 50$ for Brians field dressing and qtring (worth it he is fast and better than me at it) 25 bucks to stay at the little cabin which has water power a Microwave , grill, Shower TV and DVD player.
                              i RECOMEND THIS PLACE AND BET YOU WOULD HAVE LOADS OF FUN!

COOKIE
                              Last edited by Keith; 03-28-2008, 03:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X