• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to see you got rain out that way.

Comment

looking nice Sippy!!!!

Comment

looking good sip! Looks like yall are putting in plenty of hard work!

Comment

Not sure how I missed this. Congrats on the new place Sippy! Pretty good feeling owning your own land that has wildlife on it. Looking forward to following along.

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
            Not sure how I missed this. Congrats on the new place Sippy! Pretty good feeling owning your own land that has wildlife on it. Looking forward to following along.
            Thank you! You have a beautiful place and I am absolutely envious of all those axis

In 2 sits there have been 28 deer seen and a hen, the gobblers have all been on the neighbors place a ways away. When i came out of the stand last night there were 15+ deer on the Buck Forage oats.

We have been trying to kill a couple hogs that are making their rounds but they are being pretty sporadic.

Ill post pics of my milo tomorrow or sunday... its looking good. The wheat and oats have also shot up since i shredded the broomweed off of it and the rain we got.

Good news (not for my wallet) is that the deer are really starting to hit the protein hard. Im looking forward to watching those antlers grow!

Comment

Originally posted by Sippy View Post
              Thank you! You have a beautiful place and I am absolutely envious of all those axis

In 2 sits there have been 28 deer seen and a hen, the gobblers have all been on the neighbors place a ways away. When i came out of the stand last night there were 15+ deer on the Buck Forage oats.

We have been trying to kill a couple hogs that are making their rounds but they are being pretty sporadic.

Ill post pics of my milo tomorrow or sunday... its looking good. The wheat and oats have also shot up since i shredded the broomweed off of it and the rain we got.
              Thanks! Yeah I'm super excited about the axis heard that we have out there.

Comment

This doe is working the heck out of the trophy rock.
                Attached Files

Comment

Good looking place you have there, all of that work will be well rewarded !

Comment

Got some work done this weekend.

I had a terrace going across my road that got washed out/worn down. It directs water into the tank ext to the house, so I wanted to get it fixed before we got any more rain. After an hour with a box blade and an hour or so raking and shoveling Im pleased with how it turned out. It is hard to see in the pic but i made it roll about 1.5' high and it is around 50' in length. I also used the box blade to level and fill a big washout in the road behind the new terrace.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130407_141227.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	251.7 KB
ID:	24188290

Name:	IMG_20130407_141238.jpg
Size:	355.0 KB
ID:	24188288

Name:	IMG_20130407_141216.jpg
Size:	287.8 KB
ID:	24188289

The 1.2" of rain really made the Buck Forage oat perk up. Thursday night there were 15+ deer on it when I was leaving the stand.

Name:	IMG_20130406_080143.jpg
Size:	158.4 KB
ID:	24188291

I went to my dads property and got my Blind Turtle. I set it up in a grove of small oaks. I have some more brushing in to do but I am pleased with it!

Name:	IMG_20130406_135651.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	307.9 KB
ID:	24188292

Comment

Nice work and pretty place

Comment

awesome thread!

Comment

Dang Hope the milo pulls through!
                          Attached Files

Comment

its all coming together

Comment

Here is my management plan (for tax purposes) if anyone cares to look or needs ideas.
                              Some has been cut off for privacy purposes.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Sippy; 04-10-2013, 03:30 PM.

Comment

And in the blink of an eye they are back. I know what Tiffany and I will be doing the next 4 days.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X