No announcement yet.

Trad Hog Hunt with TBH'ers 2015 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd love to get in on this again as well. The last one was an absolute blast!! I don't have any personal experience with them, but a friend of mine went to http://www.busybranch.com/ and he said they had a great time.

~Eric

Comment

I talked to Dale at Texas S Bowhunting. www.texas-sbowhunting.com He does have the first weekend in April available. The cost would be $300 for a 2 day hunt. A skinner would be available for about $25 per hog. He can accommodate 10 hunters though it would be a bit crowded. There is a trailer available that is not normally used by hunters, but we could use it to spread outsome. We would need to bring cots for the trailer. The fenced area is slightly less than 100 acres. They normally hunt a full day Sat and Sun, but for a group our size they would do a Fri noon to Sun noon hunt.

I also talked to Donnie about the new owner at Coyote Creek. This is what he told me: “Matt is the son of the new owners. He seems like a nice guy and is trying to get the hunting operation going again, but is having trouble finding hogs right now. He is new at this and calls me frequently for advise. If he ever gets going and gets it figured out he will be ok, but is struggling right now”.

I have also emailed http://www.busybranch.com/ but haven’t heard back from them yet.

Any more thoughts/recommendations?

Comment

Seriously if there is an opening I would love th go.

Comment

I have not heard anything from new mgmt. at Coyote Creek either. I suggest we look at Texas S unless someone else has an idea. I think it will be the most similar to last years hunt. I am open that weekend as far as I know. Anyone else?

Comment

Very interested. I'd like to go if there's a spot available and it's not too pricey.

Comment

Originally posted by TXMark View Post
              I have not heard anything from new mgmt. at Coyote Creek either. I suggest we look at Texas S unless someone else has an idea. I think it will be the most similar to last years hunt. I am open that weekend as far as I know. Anyone else?
              When I talked to Dale he said that when he had large groups they would either break up into a couple of small groups or would work as a group with the stalkers pushing hogs by the standers. I agree with Mark, this would be similar to the way we hunted last time. If everyone is in agreement, I'll go ahead and get in touch with Dale and reserve the first weekend in April.

Comment

So I can't figure out if this trad hog hunt is full. Is it or are yall just looking for interested parties? I would love to do something like this. But that also plays on all of the details for this hunt. I know that it is all in the works but if someone could give alittle bit of clarification to this I would appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Texasgamehunter View Post
                  So I can't figure out if this trad hog hunt is full. Is it or are yall just looking for interested parties? I would love to do something like this. But that also plays on all of the details for this hunt. I know that it is all in the works but if someone could give alittle bit of clarification to this I would appreciate it.
                  The details have not been finalized yet. Back in April there were 10 of us that did a trad hog hunt. After the hunt we agreed that we would like to do it again. I'm trying to get things lined up. Once I get the details lined up I will get in touch with the original 10 and see if they still want to participate. It they can't make it I will open it up on a first come basis. I wish we could get a large enough venue so that all those interested could participate. There are a lot of trad archers on here that I would like to meet and share a camp with.
                  Last edited by Phillip Fields; 09-02-2014, 05:25 PM.

Comment

10-4, I will be watching this thread. Thank you for the clarification. I think that this is an awesome idea. If there is not any openings maybe we could get a second group of trad guys together for second round trip. Just an idea.

Comment

OK I talked to Dale at Texas S Ranch and reserved the first weekend in April. I have sent a check to Dale to cover the deposit for 10 guys. The deposit is $50 per hunter. We are scheduled to hunt Friday Noon to Sunday Noon, April 3-5. This is a 2 day hunt so our cost will be $300 per hunter plus any trophy fees iaw the following:

This is the pricing:
                      $150/Day (Hogs under 150lbs)
                      Limit 1 Hog per Daily fee
                      Additional Hogs may be Taken by paying an additional Daily Fee plus any Trophy Fees
                      Hogs Weighing 150-200lbs Daily Fee+$50 Trophy Fee
                      Hogs Weighing 200-300lbs Daily Fee+$100 Trophy Fee
                      Hogs Weighing Over 300lbs Daily Fee+$150 Trophy Fee

I did finally hear from Matt at Coyote Creek. He does not have the first weekend in April available and his price is $325 per hunter.

These are the 10 that were in on the first hunt. Dale only has room for 10 so this will be the list unless someone can't make it. I want to apologize to those that have expressed interest, but I feel it's only fair that I give the original participants first chance. Maybe some time in the future we can find a venue that will give us a chance to put together a larger get together.

Phillip Fields
                      EnW
                      trad"Doc"53
                      bassmatt72
                      BAPilot2
                      Featherflinger
                      Chunky
                      chackworth3
                      Hunter Todd
                      TXMark

It has been an adventure trying to find a place for this hunt. Most of the places that can take a group this size didn't have what we wanted or were pricey.
                      Last edited by Phillip Fields; 09-03-2014, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Awesome. Thanks Phillip!

Comment

Thanks for doing all the work again Phillip. Count me in! I'm sure TxMark is in as well.

Comment

Thanks for doing this again Phillip.

Comment

It is with mixed emotions that I will not be able to make the hunt.... I say mixed because this is a tremendous group of guys to share a hunt with! All of them are welcome at my deer camp! I had a blast with these guys!!! I think this group has the attitude and ability to change an "OK" hunt to great hunt! The reason I'll not be able to make this hunt is my hunting budget, and then some, is already committed for next year.
                              If anyone is thinking about this I would say "GO!!!"
                              Phillip, my spot is open for you to pass along to the next lucky contestant!

Comment

Matt, sure am sorry to hear that, I was looking forward to sharing a camp with you again.

Comment

Working...
                                X