No announcement yet.

"the pasture"....long read and pic heavy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stay positive my man. When does the rut usually get going in that area?

Comment

mid-novemberish, but i hardly saw any activity at all last year during daylight, really didnt see much at night either but i have quite a few more does and even 3-4yo bucks around this year, hopefully it will be different.

i am taking my 5 year old out this evening since its the last week i can get a doe until thanksgiving, i may take one, may not, i will see what he wants me to do. would be the perfect time for ol' big to show up...

Comment

I was really hoping you'd have him by now. Did you ever see him while hunting this year so far? When did he disappear?

Comment

Originally posted by tbgascorer View Post
          I was really hoping you'd have him by now. Did you ever see him while hunting this year so far? When did he disappear?
          I believe the last time he saw him was right before bow season opened. Crazy.

Comment

this is the last pic i have of him, and ive never seen him in person...

and one of the last good ones of him

Comment

This is an awesome thread!! Keep it coming

Comment

Som sure enough studs on your place. good luck

Comment

what a great write up - I have recently moved to Texas from Southern Africa and am finding the more hands on habitat aspect of hunting whitetails probably more interesting than hunting with a bow. OK maybe thats pushing it but its pretty close! looking forward to hearing how things go for you!

Comment

Some smart sonofaguns for sure. I wonder where he went to. Would be awesome to be able to track them with gps...to see where he spends his fall/winter.

Comment

me and my 5 year old sat in the pop up last night, we had a doe and two fanws come in, one fawn made it to the chum pile byt momma stayed back at about 50 yards, they wandered off right before dark.

talked to my uncle on my way out and he said last saturday a man that neighbors this property told him that at 815am he saw two big bucks walking down the road right where i usually park my truck when i am hunting. that is the only end of the place that i have access from, for now, and i plan on getting a camera up over there and trying to find a better way to get in. this is the end of the place that has houses on all sides but if he is down there it may make it a little easier to hunt with all the noise and activity that he should be used to.

i keep forgetting to get pics of the plot but it is looking pretty good, we fertilized it earlier in the week and this rain all week should really get it going.

thnaks for the kind words fellas

Comment

Reading all the way thru this thread was awesome! Good luck with that big guy, he didn't get that big by being stupid...

Comment

i got some pics of this 10 on the 28th and 29th, he was running with the big buck through the summer, maybe the big one is still out there. my buddy moved a camera up by the neighbors place that is seeing the bucks...hope.

Comment

Man I have never been this interested in a thread before!!! C'mon with it

Comment

lol, me and you both! i am going to go out today after lunch and corn the road from the gate on the west end almost all the way to the east to the food plot, that is where the neighbor says he saw the bucks. and yes, i am going to have the rifle with me, i cant miss an opportunity at this buck, if one ever comes. the wind should be perfect and i will be able to sit back in the tall grass field on the north side and watch the whole road with the binos from about 100 yards.

sitting in the stands and staring at a feeder/plot is literally pointless at this point, gotta do something different. and i dont even have any rifle stands up, never thought it would come to this, but it has, so i am going to take advantage of it.
                              Last edited by jshouse; 11-03-2013, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                                lol, me and you both! i am going to go out today after lunch and corn the road from the gate on the west end almost all the way to the east to the food plot, that is where the neighbor says he saw the bucks. and yes, i am going to have the rifle with me, i cant miss an opportunity at this buck, if one ever comes. the wind should be perfect and i will be able to sit back in the tall grass field on the north side and watch the whole road with the binos from about 100 yards.

sitting in the stands and staring at a feeder/plot is literally pointless at this point, gotta do something different. and i dont even have any rifle stands up, never thought it would come to this, but it has, so i am going to take advantage of it.
                                Do what you got to do to get him on your wall. You are a "hunter" first and fore most. You have put in the work and know what he will mean to you. Make it happen

Comment

Working...
                                X