No announcement yet.

Invest in cannabis industry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y’all talking CBD. I use to be able to by state certified CBD flower from my dispensary’s. But the state decided to count the CBD plants against the total amount of plants they could produce. The plants were on the state inspection list.
    The dispensary’s could not supply both CBD and THC plants under the 400 plant allotment. Now for the most part the dispensary’s don’t sell CBD any longer.
    I do have one dispenser here in Placitas that still has CBD plants. But not enough for oil. They focus the flower to edibles. I can but a combo chocolate bar that has 200mg of strain specific THC and 200 mg of CBD.

We have plenty of CBD boutique shops that use to sell state certified CBD flower. Now I don’t know where they are getting the CBD flower from.

I just sent off for my grower license so I should be able to produce my own medications within the next six months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
      I've got some used equipment if anyone is interested. Served me well in college. Il make someone a deal

I have thousands of dollars in my snap-on box that I will never touch again due to health. Trades?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
        Canopy Growth (CGC), Cronos Group (CRON), Tilray (TLRY), Aurora Cannabis (ACB) and Aphria (APHA)

MJ is an ETF that is a basket of most of these stocks. I’ve been thinking about investing lately and did some research this morning. I’m still on the fence tho. My thoughts and opinion:

Cannabis is still illegal at the federal level. My thought is it would be extremely out of character for a republican Senate of conservatives to legalize. The feds are choosing for now not to enforce but as unpredictable as our President is and the partisan politics on bold display and no environment of cooperation any effort to legalize at a federal level is not going to happen anytime soon and the potential for the feds to exercise their authority looms over everything.

Price to earnings ratios for all the individual cannabis stocks I looked at were extremely high. Some in the 200’s!! This means a lot of the upside is already built into the stock prices. Also, a lot of speculation and that’s almost always a recipe for volatility and uncertainty.

Stock prices of the majority of the cannabis stocks have been steadily falling since August. There may be an attractive buy in point in the near future. I’ll continue to monitor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve been semi day trading a few for the last couple of months. They legalized in Canada last month and most of the pot stocks dropped petty significantly. I’m not sure there are any I’d look at as long term investments. For sure some will be good long term plays, there (imho) just isn’t a clear front runner for long term plays right now. Look at all of them as a gamble, don’t invest a dime you’d mind losing and enjoy the ride.

Comment

Marlboro maker Altria Group Inc. is taking a 45 percent stake in a Canadian medical and recreational marijuana provider.

Marlboro maker Altria Group Inc. is taking a 45 percent stake in Cronos Group, the Canadian medical and recreational marijuana provider said Friday.

Comment

Team space cakes @ Bownanza?

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                https://www.koat.com/article/marlbor...juana/25438215

Marlboro maker Altria Group Inc. is taking a 45 percent stake in Cronos Group, the Canadian medical and recreational marijuana provider said Friday.
                Wow! That will help, Not sure how to feel about this though.

Comment

Not up hijack the thread, but what kind of investment account does one need to invest in these types of stocks? Any opinions on the best platform to do a little individual trading? Is E trade a good one or are their better options?

Comment

Tag for later

Comment

Originally posted by Kdog View Post
                      Haha, best comment. Personally I wouldn't do it too much uncertainty for me.

I think there is a moral side to this as well. (The fact that the end user product will do harm.) If you would be OK with investing in an alcohol or cigarette company then I guess this isn't much different.
                      Let me give you a quick story bedore i tell you what you can do with that moral compass of yours.

My grandfather was diagnosed with stage 3 cancer 4 months ago. In his neck thay had spread to nerves and lymph nodes surgery to remove it and chemo and radiation to try to clean up any leftovers. I could tell he didn't really want to do treatment as he had just seen his brother suffer through the same thing only to pass away shortly after. He did it for my grandmother and my mom though.
                      6 weeks in and 2 more weeks to go he had went from 200 down to 170 or so finished up his treatments in the next 2 weeks the he was done. The told him he would start feeling better appetite would come back but nada. Wouldn't eat anything and when he did he would just get sick and throw it up. We were watching him waste away. Now down from 200 to 138 he's a good size man too...6'1 and now weighs 138. Doctors told us he he doesn't eat and start to get some weight back on he would be dead within a month
                      Talked to my mom and grandmother and we decided to try some " medical mj" nothing he could smoke but edibles butter ECT. Hoping to at least get his appetite up maybe ease some pain whatever it may help. 1 week in my grandmother called and said he was wanting to go out to eat. Craving a burger...we were amazed when he put down HALF a burger and some fries. Most he had eaten at one time in months and then kept it down without getting sick. 2 weeks in had had gained 4 pounds!! The doc was amazed and said keep dping whatever y'all are doing....3 weeks in he had gained 8 pounds total! Eating ice cream again catfish and crappie we tried for him pretty much anything and everything. You could tell the difference in him and how he was feeling. More alert talking again ect. All because of some plant that was put here for us. Makes me wonder how he would have felt it he had been using it the whole time. ****** me off to no end that it's not easily and readily available for those who could really use it. Then to hear people like yourself spout off this B.S..
                      Maybe by now you can tell where you should stick that moral compass of yours.

Comment

Interesting thread. Didn’t realize the commodity type investing in place. I still think Peyton Manning had a brilliant idea. The guy opened like a dozen papa johns pizza places right as CO legalized.... there’s a future in snacks and delivered snacks. Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                          Let me give you a quick story bedore i tell you what you can do with that moral compass of yours.

My grandfather was diagnosed with stage 3 cancer 4 months ago. In his neck thay had spread to nerves and lymph nodes surgery to remove it and chemo and radiation to try to clean up any leftovers. I could tell he didn't really want to do treatment as he had just seen his brother suffer through the same thing only to pass away shortly after. He did it for my grandmother and my mom though.
                          6 weeks in and 2 more weeks to go he had went from 200 down to 170 or so finished up his treatments in the next 2 weeks the he was done. The told him he would start feeling better appetite would come back but nada. Wouldn't eat anything and when he did he would just get sick and throw it up. We were watching him waste away. Now down from 200 to 138 he's a good size man too...6'1 and now weighs 138. Doctors told us he he doesn't eat and start to get some weight back on he would be dead within a month
                          Talked to my mom and grandmother and we decided to try some " medical mj" nothing he could smoke but edibles butter ECT. Hoping to at least get his appetite up maybe ease some pain whatever it may help. 1 week in my grandmother called and said he was wanting to go out to eat. Craving a burger...we were amazed when he put down HALF a burger and some fries. Most he had eaten at one time in months and then kept it down without getting sick. 2 weeks in had had gained 4 pounds!! The doc was amazed and said keep dping whatever y'all are doing....3 weeks in he had gained 8 pounds total! Eating ice cream again catfish and crappie we tried for him pretty much anything and everything. You could tell the difference in him and how he was feeling. More alert talking again ect. All because of some plant that was put here for us. Makes me wonder how he would have felt it he had been using it the whole time. ****** me off to no end that it's not easily and readily available for those who could really use it. Then to hear people like yourself spout off this B.S..
                          Thanks for sharing the success your grandfather has had with the medical mj application. Hopefully he continues on his road to improvement and putting on weight.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                            Thanks for sharing the success your grandfather has had with the medical mj application. Hopefully he continues on his road to improvement and putting on weight.
                            Thank you sir. I don't think he will ever fully recover and be in the shape he was. It's sad to see him just waste away and starve. If the mj just helps a little bit it is worth it imo and obviously it is working for him with his weight gain and helping him eat again. They tried several different prescription meds to try and help his appetite and nausea but nothing worked.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post

Reading that was hard, I lost my father May 4th to cancer. Medical MJ edibles that I had brought in from out of state helped him thought his last months and kept the pain away..

Comment

I feel like the medical side of it would be a safer bet even if the feds decide to put the kaibash on recreational use (which at this point seems unlikely). CBD has some amazing benefits to a host of physical ailments, as well as physiological and mental issues as well. I’m sure big pharma will fight it every step of the way but Pandora’s box is open. Too many folks are aware of the research.

Comment

Working...
                                X